SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Troy Gentry of Mongomery Gentry killed in Helicopter Crash
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Troy Gentry of Mongomery Gentry killed in Helicopter Crash Login/Join 
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted
I wish this was a hoax, but it doesn't appear to be so. RIP T-Roy.

MEDFORD -- Troy Gentry, one half of the country music duo Montgomery Gentry, is dead after a helicopter he was in crashed near a small airport Friday.

The helicopter, a Schweitzer 269, crashed into a wooded area near a runway at the airport, and killed Gentry and another unidentified man.

The band was scheduled to play a concert at the airport and resort Friday night.

Medford Township Police Chief Richard Meder said police got a call about a "helicopter that was distressed" around 1 p.m. "Shortly after our arrival the helicopter did go down. It went into a field south of the airport," Meder said.

Local authorities have not named either victim, but the band's Twitter account confirmed the news just before 4 p.m.

The FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating the cause of the crash, which Meder said cause significant damage to the aircraft.

He said emergency crews were able to free the passenger, who has been identified as Gentry, but he died from his injuries after being taken to Virtua Hospital Marlton.

The pilot was pronounced dead in the helicopter and emergency crews will work to extricate his body while the investigation continues, Meder said.

The award-winning duo has been performing together for over 15 years and are best known for hits including "If You Ever Stop Loving Me," "My Town" and "Something to be Proud Of."

Gentry is a native of Lexington, Kentucky.

Meder said police are speaking with witnesses who saw the lead-up to the crash. Fostertown Road was closed and Meder said the investigation would continue there for at least several more hours.

While speaking with reporters on Fostertown Road, several vehicles pulled up with obviously distraught drivers and passengers. It was not clear if they were family members or friends of those involved in the crash.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Country Music legend, Don Williams passed away this afternoon too

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wow, tragic.

They made some good music. Better than most of the new country garbage put out today anyway. Dang.

And can we get a link? This was in medford, NJ. Correct?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Buddy of mine at work was suppose to go to the show tonight. RIP Mr. Gentry Frown

This happened locally here, in Lumberton, NJ. The airport is right next to the golf course that our golf league plays at. They have live bands during the summer that you can hear from the course.

Sometimes they have cool old airplanes flying around. I'm not into planes but I can tell some of them look like old military style planes, maybe from WWI/II era.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Wow, tragic.

They made some good music. Better than most of the new country garbage put out today anyway. Dang.

And can we get a link? This was in medford, NJ. Correct?

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.c...rd-helicopter-crash/

Right on the line between Medford and Lumberton.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Saw them at a tiny club in Greensboro, NC when they were just getting noticed after their first release "Tattoos and Scars." One of the best shows I've ever seen.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

Frown

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

Frown

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/7QMcfyH2k9g

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We lost two state troopers in a chopper crash during the Charlottesville incident, then this plus another fatal crash today involving a medivac helicopter crash. Reminds me of why I spent two years in the military staying out of the damned things.
Prayers for Mr. Gentry and his family .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post