SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    'We're Taking a Stand': Illinois County Declares Itself a Sanctuary for Gun Owners
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

'We're Taking a Stand': Illinois County Declares Itself a Sanctuary for Gun Owners Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Repealing the Second Amendment would not in put an end to the right it was designed to protect ....

I didn’t notice your comments before, but they bear repeating and emphasizing. Whenever I hear someone say that the Second Amendment is what gives us the right to keep and bear arms I can only respond (at least in my mind) with, “Then you’d be okay with not having that right if the amendment were repealed—correct? And if someone lives where the U.S. Constitution doesn’t apply, then it’s okay that those people don’t have the right either—?”

As a distant relative of my wife pointed out back in 1803, “The right of self defence is the first law of nature,” and the same fundamental fact was stated by many others before and since. The “right” of self-defense is meaningless, however, without the right to possess and employ when necessary the effective means of self-defense, which today means guns. It would be no different than saying we have the right to a free press, but not the right to own presses or their modern equivalents such as computer printers.

I watched a video of that knucklehead Ben Affleck talking about our rights delineated in the BoR having been endowed to us " by our Creat.........the founders......". It was on a Bill Maher segment. He caught himself and changed the nature of our rights right before the eyes of all on the panel and no one called him on it. This is the kind of fundamental distortion that affects Leftists' perception. It is why most cannot be convinced. They must simply be defeated.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29681 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post