SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Solar Eclipse - 21 Aug 2017 ○○○●○○○updated with a pretty cool website ●○●
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Solar Eclipse - 21 Aug 2017 ○○○●○○○updated with a pretty cool website ●○● Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Looks like all CONUS personnel get to see a solar eclipse. A lot will see a total eclipse.

https://www.google.com/imgres?...MKHdxWAJUQ_B0IgQEwDQ

http://news.trust.org/item/20170621100154-zx7n3

Update:

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/usa/yuma

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LS1 GTO,

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have never seen a total eclipse and this one will be too far to drive to see. There is another in five or six years that will pass just north of me, and I plan to see it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Planning vacation around it. Will be staying in Isle of Palms SC, directly in path of it. Condo is 5 minutes from location with longest total eclipse. If I get my shit together in time and get a ring by then will be asking GF to marry me during or right after eclipse.

Yep I'm a space nerd. Cool

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'll be able to drive down to see it and drive back in the same day. It sounds like all motels and hotels in the path are pretty close to being booked so I'm glad I don't have to rely on that.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I took off work and will be going to the Smokey Mountains to see it. Hopefully Clingman's Dome or Fontana Dam. But it depends on several things. Shoot, I may take the boat to Fontana and just watch it from out on the water.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Nashville is right in the path. I'm looking forward to it!

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna fly to the upper Cumberland regional airport to watch it. Gonna take mom and dad to see it I think.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will pass through the (almost) center of Wyoming. Expecting LOTS of people for the 2 minute 30 second viewing.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
I'm going to stay with friends on Lake Lanier in N GA that weekend, then plan to drive to wherever it looks like the weather will cooperate the best, Summer in the SE usually has a fair number of clouds built up by early afternoon.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Maybe it will quit raining here by then.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I look to be at about .9 magnitude or a bit better. Good enough! Looking forward to it.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Supposedly thousand of people are coming to Idaho for it, hotel rooms in the path skyrocketing.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
"You flew your Lear Jet up to Nova Scotia to see the total eclipse of the sun."

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
If you plan to look at a solar eclipse, make sure you have appropriate eye protection unless you want an image of it permanently burned onto your retinas. Plain sunglasses are not adequate.

I sent these to my family in middle TN and ordered some for us.

There's probably gonna be an upturn in eye doc's business starting on 22 August!

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Not too far away, we are planning to attempt to see it from the Nashville area.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
I live in the national hot spot for tbe eclipse. I'll be watching from my front yard.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I'll be able to drive down to see it and drive back in the same day. It sounds like all motels and hotels in the path are pretty close to being booked so I'm glad I don't have to rely on that.

Jim

What is usually a 40 minute drive is supposed to take 8 hours in Central Oregon and the highways will be closed the day of.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/3250018524/p/1

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Solar Eclipse day craziness could resemble the zombie apocalypse — Are you ready?

Glad I got an ocean front balcony at the place we rented. May skip the beach for viewing.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1 minute 8 seconds of total eclipse at my house. I'll take it and stay off the roads.

ETA: Already got my eclipse safe viewing glasses in hand.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post