SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tornado hits the hood in Birmingham...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tornado hits the hood in Birmingham... Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
Destroyed a liquor store right in the middle of the hood.

How long do you think any of this liquor remains on the shelf? Cool

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
That was posted on al.com a bit ago, probably already gone by now. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Ya know what the similarity is between a Tornado and a Alabama divorce?

Someones gonna lose a trailer.... Big Grin

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Ya know what the similarity is between a Tornado and a Alabama divorce?

Someones gonna lose a trailer.... Big Grin

I cracked up laughing and everyone looked at me like I was crazy.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Bigboreshooter

Glad your ok. Watching this on Weather Channel. We had a near miss at 1630 EST. I'm NW of ATL and we had one directly south of us with path at less than a mile from us predicted to hit. In the basement waiting at the time. As I watched the weather channel it turned east of us just moments before hitting our neighborhood. It's path continued NE from us just missing our hood. It passed us with about a mile clearence. Luckily no touchdowns. Looks like we might be in for some more later tonight.

Stay safe folks

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
It's amazing what a tornado will utterly destroy and leave untouched

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gonna be a rough night in da 'hood!

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Too bad it wasn't Foley, AL. To be more precise - the exact location of the ex's location.

And send then damn floating balls of fireants there too!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LS1 GTO,

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SkyOtter
posted Hide Post
Notice the Lord spared the liquor. They must pray a lot in that 'hood.

------------------------------------------------------
There are two types of people in this world: Those who need closure,

Posts: 2561 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm State has determined liquor not safe to drink. Followup to original story.

http://www.al.com/news/birming...emaining_bottle.html

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Hmmmm State has determined liquor not safe to drink. Followup to original story.

That’s the most asinine thing I’ve ever heard. Wash it off and drink it.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

That’s the most asinine thing I’ve ever heard. Wash it off and drink it.

And if the bottle is broken, panty hose...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
And if the bottle is broken, panty hose...

Spoken from experience I bet.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
So, the government owns the liquor store. Tornado hit the liquor store. Cops stood guard outside the liquor store. Government destroyed the liquor.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's alcohol abuse right there! Heads will roll!

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post