SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do the newer Ford F150 4x4 really get the mileage the sticker shows?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do the newer Ford F150 4x4 really get the mileage the sticker shows? Login/Join 
Saluki
posted Hide Post
My '16 has a lifetime average of 20.6 as measured by the trip computer. This is over 42,000 miles. On individual trips the computer has proven to be 5% optimistic with its calculations. For comparison my speed average is 46mph, I don't drive aggressively.

I have the 5 liter V-8, 3.3?/1 gears, 4X4 super crew 5 1/2' box. 17" wheels mild all terrain tires.

Best ~34 gallon tank was 23mpg worst was 16. I've never worked it hard though, or spent much time in traffic.

A good friend has the V-6 non turbo in a 15 it routinely gets 23.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5150 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Wow. They have come along way, I only got about 8 mpg in my 92 F150. That thing was thirsty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
The government has really clamped down on overstating mileage. I don't know what manufacturers need to do before advertising MPG, but it's more than them just saying it. The last two new vehicles I've bought actually get a bit better mileage than the sticker probably because wife and I aren't heavy footed. I suppose there are those who drive "hard" that get less, but that would be the exception.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Our Highlander has a real-time MPG gauge that is pretty cool. It actually helped me modify my driving style a little and I’m getting about 20-22 mpg mixed driving out of a 2013 AWD Highlander. The service reminder blocked out the mpg thing for about a month and I noticed my mpgs deteriorated without having that little gauge to watch. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Things have come a long way. My 05 F 150 with the 5.4 V8 gets around 15 on country roads and maybe 17 to 18 on the freeways. Frowns

A friend bought a 2016 Canyon and he is always getting 25 mpg with a V-6. He tows a 19 foot travel trailer with it and says it does just fine, but I am sure his mileage drops from his average. It's a nice looking truck. At ten more miles to a gallon that is a big difference and has me scratching my head just a bit. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I get about 18-19 mpg on my 2014 SuperCrew with the Econoboost V6. I drive it like I drive my BMW, except when cornering.

I think we are actually getting slightly better than the sticker when I keep track of highway and around town.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have a '16 3.5L Ecoboost super crew. We are getting about 16 city and up to 20 highway.

I believe this. Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post