SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    T-Mobile users, a question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

T-Mobile users, a question Login/Join 
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted
We have been using T-Mobile for a little more than 6 months but just had an issue arise. Intermittent problem of the text notification not always working.
Wife's phone new in March and mine is just over a month old. Samsung brand but different models. Problem started just after I got my new phone but is happening to both of us. It can happen when the phone is active or just at sleep. No pattern that I can see.
Called CS at T-Mobile & inquired at 2 different stores but nobody has heard of this before.

I was just wondering if any of you have had it happen.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had this issue (SMS delayed arrival) a few years ago on my old iPhone and it'd turned out to be issues with the local ATT tower.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Is the problem with text notification or actually receiving the texts?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I had a problem receiving texts from automated sources. Like automated notices your prescription is ready for pick up, or your bank card notifying you a charge was made etc. They have a name for that type of text but it escapes me at this time. Anyway, it's a setting the T-Mobile CS can turn on.

If it's just regular texts from people you know and such, we were having issues exchanging texts with people not using iPhones. (Both wife and I have had iPhones for 6 or more years, various models) But that was resolved quite a while ago and nothing was really done to fix it that I know of, it just stopped being an issue.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had a problem receiving texts from automated sources. Like automated notices your prescription is ready for pick up, or your bank card notifying you a charge was made etc. They have a name for that type of text but it escapes me at this time.

SMS (Short Message Service)?

Here's what Wikipedia says about SMS messaging...

"Unlike dedicated texting systems like the Simple Network Paging Protocol and Motorola's ReFLEX protocol,[59] SMS message delivery is not guaranteed, and many implementations provide no mechanism through which a sender can determine whether an SMS message has been delivered in a timely manner.[60] SMS messages are generally treated as lower-priority traffic than voice, and various studies have shown that around 1% to 5% of messages are lost entirely, even during normal operation conditions,[61] and others may not be delivered until long after their relevance has passed.[62] The use of SMS as an emergency notification service in particular has been questioned."

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16340 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Notification

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
So the text is coming through but your phone isn't letting you know a text came in?

What versions of Android is each phone running?

I have two iPhones and an Android (running beta 8.0.0) and haven't had any issues (been Tmobile for a few years)

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My phone is 7.0
Not sure on the wife's phone.

Problem is worse on my phone.

posted Hide Post
I have an iPhone 7. My wife has an iPhone 7+. We have Verizon. I also have problems receiving notification of texts. At first I thought it was just when I was in my truck but noticed it is happening even when not in the truck. And No its not because I'm going deaf. HA

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
quote:

Notification

Sorry, lost track of this thread.

ICBW, but I believe that, if you're actually receiving the texts, but not getting notifications, it's the phone, not the service?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
quote:

Notification

You can set the notification for each contact, my sam7 does this sometimes as well....normally I find the noticications turned off.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Another important T-Mobile question: What happened to the girl in the pink dress?

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
Another important T-Mobile question: What happened to the girl in the pink dress?

Yeah, too bad about that.

They decided to go a different way.

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:

I heard she shacked up w/ Parabellum.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post