SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Take 90 seconds out of your day to spend with Buddy Hackett and Johnny
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Take 90 seconds out of your day to spend with Buddy Hackett and Johnny Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
...All part of The Greatest Generation and served in WWII - Winters in USMC, Hackett in USA, and Carson in USN...

Ed McMahon trained as a USMC pilot, but didn't get overseas until the end of the War. He served in Korea flying observation aircraft, got 6 Air Medals.

Nearly everybody who was anybody served back then, and this should never be forgotten!

Oh, and Lee Marvin was shot in the ass on Saipan! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9146 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
Even a " bomb-o!" Carson show was 100 times better than the horseshit that is on these days. It was easier when everyone wasn't offended, or at least laughed it off, since everyone took their turn being the butt of jokes.

Carson was, in many ways, at his best when his jokes bombed. He could really be funny tapping the mic...the looks that crossed his face Big Grin

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"HA HA There's no ship" one of my favorites.

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
Back in the 80's HBO aired a standup show of Hackett's. To this day it stands out in my mind of one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. He was a master of being Buddy.

Loved that special and watched it several times. One of the funniest lines: "Dear Jew, your fucking tree died."

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I got tickets (with some buddies) and saw The Tonight Show in person one time in 1980. I was fresh out of high school and on vacation in southern Cal. Buddy Hackett was a guest and so was Martin Mull. Great memory! He seemed a wee bit tipsy. You could tell by how he talked between the taped segments during the commercials. Probably a little too much fun in the Green Room.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
This one had gave me a hernia inducing laugh- https://youtu.be/1hcgXXJk_nw

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The classic... the duck.

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Buddy was not just a comedian, he sang and acted in The Music Man.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
The classic... the duck.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A2FHsLj1Zkc" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

My all time favorite Buddy Hackett

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Carson and Hackett

what a duo

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Late night shows now are either sophomoric, mean-spirited or both

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
We watched Johnny just about every night

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post