SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ordered and tried Mountain House. Mrs Cliff seal of approval.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ordered and tried Mountain House. Mrs Cliff seal of approval. Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I always enjoyed it backpacking, but I wondered if it tasted good because I was tired and hungry or if it really was good.

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am well stocked with Mountain House. We use the breakfast scramble when vacationing on a sailboat every year. I think I am going to buy a freeze dryer though. The one major drawback of Mountain House is the amount of sodium. I buy it at a local sporting good/ home goods store called Bi-Mart when it goes on sale.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Several weeks back I received an email from the NRA informing me that my membership (Benefactor) granted me access to an educational/training site called Expertvoice. Mountain House is available there for up to 35% off. Membership in Expertvoice is restricted to companies who have enrolled in it. I have a membership based on employment, so I didn't need (and didn't save) the NRA email.

Expertvoice (formerly Experticity, formerly 3point5.com) has been a source for discounted products for over seven years. I often pay less there for products than I do with the 45% discount I get at work.

Check your NRA membership for details. You may be able to purchase Mountain House for attractive discounts.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
This place has pretty good prices on Mountian house.

https://theepicenter.com/

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Seems to be a consensus that Mountain House is pretty good for what it is. What other brands do we like for quality,taste,price?

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
There is a lot of useful information for survival, food storage, and prep on this site:

https://www.backwoodshome.com/

Best regards,

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2079 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
Sierra Trading actually has a good selection of Mountain House and other meals now.

https://www.sierratradingpost.com/camp-food~d~10100/

Might run over to their store near me and restock a bit in the next few days.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
Seems to be a consensus that Mountain House is pretty good for what it is. What other brands do we like for quality,taste,price?

IMO, nothing.

Wise, sams, costco, auguson farms, backpackers pantry, and there are others I'm sure, but none come close to the taste and quality of mountain house.

As for price, you can get mountain house at comparable prices to all of the other brands when it's on sale. Even when its not on sale, its still not so much more expensive to warrant purchasing the other brands.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post