SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good phone service deal for active, vets , retired, or gold star families
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good phone service deal for active, vets , retired, or gold star families Login/Join 
Member!
posted
If you hate T-mobile, then just move along..

T-mobile new military One plan 20% off primary line, 50% off each additional (upto 6)!!

With autopay (meaning the payments are auto deducted monthly from an account or credit card. Tack on an extra $5 per line if you insist on sending in a check each month the old fashioned way.

$55 1st line, $25 2nd, and $10 3-6 lines

1 Line = $55/month
2 Lines = $80/month ($40/line)
3 Lines = $90/month ($30/line)
4 Lines = $100/month ($25/line)
5 Lines = $110/month ($22/line)
6 Lines = $120/month ($20/line)

That includes taxes and fees in that price so you don't get a bill for $xxx and then see another $10 in miscellaneous BS tacked on.

These are equivalent to the regular One line features so unlimited text, voice, data. Unlimited text, voice, and 5GB data in Mexico and Canada) Also has free tethering, but only at 3G+ speeds (not 4G+ speeds). Also free video streaming (albeit at only 480P, which is fine on a phone usually)

Also includes free Netflix, which save you another $11 bucks a month if you were paying for it separately like I was.

All you need to show is proof of active, retired, or regular vet status via a picture of your dd214, retirement card, or something (can black out stuff like soc numbers)within 45 days

Veteran
• DD214
• NGB 22 (National Guard Report of Separation of Military Service)
• Honorable Discharge Certificate
• Some states list veteran status on their driver's license
• Veterans Affairs ID Card
• VA form 26-1880"

Discounts also apply to veteran owned businesses.

Until end of may, also get 50% off Samsung phones, via credits to account. Normally you'd finance at say $30 a month for a new phone, but with this, you get billed $25-30, and receive a ~$15 credit each month so you only pay the 30-15=15 each month. But you don't have to buy a phone if you don't need.

So now I have 6 lines with pretty much unlimited everything for $120/month. That's a pretty damn good deal as long as you get decent t-mobile service ion your area. That's a whole much damn cheaper than any of the others. Regular One plan would be twice the cost for 6 mines ($240/month). 50% off their top-tier plan is a better discount than any other provider has. Now if you have some awesome grandfather'd plan from the past, keep it, but this is a GREAT deal still. I was on an older family plan that was $125ish for 6 lines but only 2GB data. This saves me $5+taxes for the service, another $11 for Netflix, and I don't have to yell at my kids for exceeding their data each month..

BTW: If you want more than 6 lines, it goes up to $20/month more for each additional line as the $10/month only applies to lines 3-6.

Announcement:

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/..._LLC&group=TMDesktop

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/military-phone-plans

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
If you are over 55 ,we are, it's 30 bucks per line unlimited for the two of us.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
quote:
way.

I’m excited about getting rid of Verizon and their crazy over charging just as soon as TMobile gets the coverage I need here in New England. Had Tmobile before moving to New England and had great service.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fusternc:
quote:
way.

I’m excited about getting rid of Verizon and their crazy over charging just as soon as TMobile gets the coverage I need here in New England. Had Tmobile before moving to New England and had great service.

I need to look into this.

Moving to New England is when I switched to Verizon for the same reason. I'm back in PA now and $100+ verizon bills each month for just me is getting a bit tiring.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If you want to use the Verizon network without paying Verizon prices, take a look at Total Wireless. They are one of the TracFone companies. Total Wireless is an MVNO (re-seller) that re-sells service on the Verizon network. My wife and I use the two-phone plan for sixty bucks a month plus local sales tax (6.5% in our area = $3.90) plus twenty cents per phone for the 911 fee, for a total of $64.30 / month for two phones, unlimited talk / text, with 15 Gb shared data.

If we used autopay and let them draft our account directly it would save 5% on everything but the 911 fee, for a total of $61.11 / month.

The totals that I quoted include all taxes and junk fees.

We have been using Total Wireless for a couple of years, zero problems.

They have a single user plan, and also family plans for two, three, or four users.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post