SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Humdinger of a correction
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Humdinger of a correction Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
Check out this correction that Politico had to make to one of it's typically slanted articles. Every single point the author was trying to make had to be corrected, but they left the article up for some reason Roll Eyes :

Link to the piece of trash:
http://www.politico.com/magazi...in-the-making-215662

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I they wonder why they're called fake news. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Ya just gotta learn to laugh. Cool

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
And you know the correction wasn't front page with a click bait title on it like the original article - so few will actually see it...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
And you know the correction wasn't front page with a click bait title on it like the original article - so few will actually see it...

The 'correction' could be a standalone article on it's own!

Everything the nutjob was trying to peddle was proven false, there is no 'there' there.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Exactly. That should be be called a rewrite rather than a correction.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
and of course no mention that the governor is a Democrat.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Well, yeah but...the Koch brothers 'n stuff

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
In this neck of the woods, Koch Industries is appreciated. Well run, well respected companies!

Can't say the same about Politico.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Exactly. That should be be called a rewrite rather than a correction.
Certainly isn't an apology. Perhaps Politico can call it a "clarification". Roll Eyes

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
In this neck of the woods, Koch Industries is appreciated. Well run, well respected companies!

My daughter will be in Wichita for an interview with Koch Industries on Monday of next week.
Wish her luck! Smile

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:

My daughter will be in Wichita for an interview with Koch Industries on Monday of next week.
Wish her luck! Smile

Good luck to her! Good company to work with.

I have lived her since 1979 - It's been a great place to live and raise a couple of great kids, IMO. FYI, I don't work for Koch but know many that do.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post