SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Saved the lives of 2 puppies the other day. edit: pics added to first post
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saved the lives of 2 puppies the other day. edit: pics added to first post Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted
On Sunday I was driving to work. 2 lanes closed to 1 due to construction. Speed limit was 65, sun had just came up but it was still cold outside, probably 45-50 degrees. I was listening to Eric Clapton's Unplugged album and the song Lonely Stranger was on:

"I must be invisible, no one noticed me..."

As he sang that lyric, I drove by and I saw a puppy on the side of the road, maybe 3 feet from where cars were going 65+. It looked up and me and we made eye contact. I pulled over into the closed lanes closed for construction and backed my car to where the puppy was. When I get a closer look, I noticed there are two, a golden and black puppy. The black one wasn't moving when I got out of the car, they were huddled together. I patted the black one and it moved so both of them were still alive.

I scooped them both into my car and checked for others but did not see any others. They were just huddled together and shivering.

I brought them to work with me and called my wife to bring some dog food and a blanket. They were maybe 8 pounds each. I gave them some water which they drank quickly. Wife showed up and I gave them about a cup of food each, they were very hungry but I didn't want to overfeed them and have them get sick. You could tell that it had likely been days since they'd eaten. And from the area where I found them, I didn't think it was likely that they just wandered out there. I'm pretty sure someone just dumped them out there.

My wife was still at work with me, I'm on active duty, I work in a TOC (no classified information). Who walks in on a Sunday morning? The BDE CDR. Big Grin So I'm here in the TOC, my wife is there and I have 2 puppies... Big Grin I told him the story and he didn't say anything about my wife or the puppies being there. Told my boss in case he got a call.

What do to with them? With 3 dogs already, I couldn't keep them. Called around and within 5 hours had found both of them homes. Very likely they're siblings. Unfortunately they will be split apart. Once they got some water and food in them, they perked up a lot.

Big thank you to the member who e-mailed me and walked me through it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Edmond,

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Pics for those of you who can't see the above like me:

and hoooooooooooooooly crap they are so cute!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jester814,

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Nicely done! With the abundance of shelters in most urban areas, I have never understood why some subhumans feel compelled to dump unwanted animals.

Great story about the BDE CDR walking in, and on a Sunday no less.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Well done.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Good job; however they got where you found them, they would not have lasted long.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I’ll host em for you

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Well done Sir!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
What a great thing you did. You don't need anyone to tell you that but it's still awesome.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I really wanted to keep the black one as he reminded me of a black pup we lost nearly 6 years ago to distemper but 4 dogs is too much for us at this point.

quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
e-mailed you because I have to see rescued puppy pics!

Email sent.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Good man!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Nice work brother, that’s some great news all around!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
If anyone is willing to post pictures, please e-mail me, I can't figure out to post pictures.

On Sunday I was driving to work. 2 lanes closed to 1 due to construction. Speed limit was 65, sun had just came up but it was still cold outside, probably 45-50 degrees. I was listening to Eric Clapton's Unplugged album and the song Lonely Stranger was on:

"I must be invisible, no one noticed me..."

As he sang that lyric, I drove by and I saw a puppy on the side of the road, maybe 3 feet from where cars were going 65+. It looked up and me and we made eye contact. I pulled over into the closed lanes closed for construction and backed my car to where the puppy was. When I get a closer look, I noticed there are two, a golden and black puppy. The black one wasn't moving when I got out of the car, they were huddled together. I patted the black one and it moved so both of them were still alive.

I scooped them both into my car and checked for others but did not see any others. They were just huddled together and shivering.

I brought them to work with me and called my wife to bring some dog food and a blanket. They were maybe 8 pounds each. I gave them some water which they drank quickly. Wife showed up and I gave them about a cup of food each, they were very hungry but I didn't want to overfeed them and have them get sick. You could tell that it had likely been days since they'd eaten. And from the area where I found them, I didn't think it was likely that they just wandered out there. I'm pretty sure someone just dumped them out there.

My wife was still at work with me, I'm on active duty, I work in a TOC (no classified information). Who walks in on a Sunday morning? The BDE CDR. Big Grin So I'm here in the TOC, my wife is there and I have 2 puppies... Big Grin I told him the story and he didn't say anything about my wife or the puppies being there. Told my boss in case he got a call.

What do to with them? With 3 dogs already, I couldn't keep them. Called around and within 5 hours had found both of them homes. Very likely they're siblings. Unfortunately they will be split apart. Once they got some water and food in them, they perked up a lot.

Outstanding.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Good on you Edmond!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
It's been like, 110 minutes. Wheres them pupper pichterz, Jester???

Your a good man Edmond!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your a good man. Thank you.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
You did good !!!

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Well done!

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
This story made my day. Thank you. You're a good man.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good on you! Thanks for saving them. Made my day to read that!

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
God bless you, Edmond.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post