SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A version of the Anthem I may kneel for....(NBA Allstar Game)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A version of the Anthem I may kneel for....(NBA Allstar Game) Login/Join 
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine her also singing Avemaria that way? Goodness Wink

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pwp1CH5R-w4

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I think I might have listened to 15 seconds of that sickening shit.

Just who decided who the next no-talent asshole to sing the anthem will be?

They are either stupid beyond salvation, corrupt, or be absolutely tone deaf!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgtshuter:
Horrible...I stopped it at the :30 mark.

Sounds like a jazz club or something. Mad

I made it to :36. I think she should stick to being the Black Eyed Peas booty-shaking girl...

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Never heard of her.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Gayle King, CBS This Morning co-host, said she kept expecting Fergie to break into "Santa Baby."

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
That was nasty.
For you guys that didn’t make it to the end, it got worse.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She best get to confession & make a firm Act of Contrition.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yup...shut the fuck up and stop trying to inject your hip hop bullshit and just sing the damn song.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
She thinks the performance is about her, not about the song. That wasn't even the song; it was the words, but not the music. There seems to be a lot of that now.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
Same here, Being a big New York Giants fan I remember this well, one of the best renditions ever.

quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
That video of Whitney Houston singing the anthem never fails to blur my vision and wet my cheeks. What must it be like to sing that song so powerfully......

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
At least she didn't piss herself.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
She was once able to do it.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Looking for attention, plain and simple.

Fergie who?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
WTF. I like her singing elsewhere but this rendition is on the same level as osie O'Donnell's Roseanne Barr's version.

I didn't see Ronin's post before I posted mine but it seems we both had the same mistake.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As we all know, Francis Scott Key was feeling like a hot diva when he wrote those words. He was lookin' to get laid. I think we all know this.

Listen, lady, I've never heard of you, but please do join Tayor Swift on the edge of an active volcano. Got a surprise for you.

Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Whitney Houston.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N_lCmBvYMRs" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Gives me the chills every time. Whitney had her issues for sure in her short life, but that voice was a gift from God.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
On a list of things you'll never find me doing- Praising dead crack addict Whitney Houson for anything.

If Whitney was still around, maybe she'd let you know that she can have you killed. Yep, she made that threat more than once.

Not lately, though. Razz

Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Never heard of her.

Me either. But as bad as that was I'd rather listen to her than Lebron James run his pie hole.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm why SigForum can't
have nice things
Picture of Thayer
posted Hide Post
Whitney's version still gives me goosebumps.

Posts: 9817 | Location: Heart of the Ozarks  | Registered: June 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post