SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A version of the Anthem I may kneel for....(NBA Allstar Game)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A version of the Anthem I may kneel for....(NBA Allstar Game) Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Kneel in pain that is. This has to be the worst f'ing thing I've ever heard.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Please don't misunderstand. I wasn't kneeling, I was puking on my shoes. Frown

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that I know what a Fergie is, it should be fairly easy to avoid.

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
Horrible...I stopped it at the :30 mark.

Sounds like a jazz club or something. Mad

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
No one will confuse the nba and good taste... they’re just a lazy bunch who phone it in for 3 quarters. Not to mention everyone makes the playoffs to drag out the season. Who cares?

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Abhorrent and disgraceful...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Ever heard cats mate?

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
That's a great example of FUBAR.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
The noise! Make it stop!
This is the best arguement to get a demonstration video of what the singer will perform. Then contract to do the same.
N this case the responses would be "Thank you goodbye."

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry, there is only one version of our national anthem.
Sing the song. Do it to the best of your ability.
Do not, in any way, try to “ make it your own” or put your “own twist on it”

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
As an illustration of how I feel about Caepernick, I would still stand for the anthem regardless of how disgusted I was at its performance for the sake of all those whose lives, full of potential, were cut short in defense of the cause of liberty for all mankind. If that is the extent of my sacrifice in return, it still is not adequate compensation.

I am fully disgusted at these interpretive renditions. I think they are irreverent.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Pop" singers suck. Stick with operatic baritones and you can't go wrong.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Whitney Houston.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Fergie was never a good singer!! Somebody should be responsible to listen tot eh performer before they let them out there. this was as bad as Rosie O'Donnell

Posts: 7796 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
That was suckelicious.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
Fergie was never a good singer!! Somebody should be responsible to listen tot eh performer before they let them out there. this was as bad as Rosie O'Donnell

Not aware of a Rosie O'Donnell, but there is the Rosanne Barr one(not good video-it's stalled until about :35 seconds in):

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
I’m sorry, there is only one version of our national anthem.
Sing the song. Do it to the best of your ability.
Do not, in any way, try to “ make it your own” or put your “own twist on it”
Exactly! If you as a singer want to emote and show your originality, do it with some other piece!

And fie upon those dolts who hire or otherwise engage singers who would do such carnage to our National Anthem. I have much compassion for singers at local events who may not be professional and make occasional (minor) errors--they are doing their best with a (admittedly) difficult song--but there is no excuse for a professional musician to put forth anything but a faithful, accurate rendition of the Anthem. And those doing the selection of singers ought to be aware of what they are getting.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
That video of Whitney Houston singing the anthem never fails to blur my vision and wet my cheeks. What must it be like to sing that song so powerfully......

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Fergie needs to disappear. Like 15 years ago.

How this women got rich is beyond anything I can even comprehend.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:

No kidding. That was awful. If you're gonna sing a capalla, at least don't sing a bunch of flat notes. Geez.

The fella Neutron linked gave me goosebumps because the original tune does. His one flourish at the end felt tasteful and operatic, not boorish and annoying.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post