SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ATV Tire Recommendations, sport quad.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ATV Tire Recommendations, sport quad. Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have a recommendation for tires for a sport ATV? Ride mostly gravel roads and woods trails, so 6ply and prefer a good tread depth/pattern. Will run 22-10x10 or 22-11x10 (current size). I am running Maxxis I Razors that came with the quad, but am less than happy with them. Tread is too widespread and offers little traction on wet leaves/mud/etc.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Does anyone have a recommendation for tires for a sport ATV? Ride mostly gravel roads and woods trails, so 6ply and prefer a good tread depth/pattern. Will run 22-10x10 or 22-11x10 (current size). I am running Maxxis I Razors that came with the quad, but am less than happy with them. Tread is too widespread and offers little traction on wet leaves/mud/etc.

ITP hole shots have always been really good. I have been out of the game for a while though.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last ones I bought were Swamp Fox. I think I ordered them from parts unlimited/drag specialties.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
OTR Wheel is where I buy my zero turn replacement tires and they are an excellent company to do business with. They carry powersport tires, too.

http://otrwheel.com/products/powersports/

Posts: 4689 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Yamaha Raptor 700 that I've been running a set of ITP Holeshot HD's on for a few seasons now. They see a lot of loose rock and have held up well. The rear knobs are starting to round off on the edges a litte, but they still have a lot of life left to them.

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post