SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Talk About C-O-O-L - Max Michel, B.J, Norris, K.C. Eusebio, Doug Koenig, Shane Coley, & Jessie Duff - I spent the day with these folks - Pictures
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talk About C-O-O-L - Max Michel, B.J, Norris, K.C. Eusebio, Doug Koenig, Shane Coley, & Jessie Duff - I spent the day with these folks - Pictures Login/Join 
posted
First off I want to extend a special thanks to a SIGForum member who actively shoots with all of the folks, is on a first name basis with all of them, and kindly encouraged me to meet up with he and his shooting team in Commerce, GA to watch he and his team shoot in the U.S. Steel Nationals. Needless to say I am sure he and his team members did not expect me to ask 200+ questions because I have only watched this sport on TV and on line......WOW - What an experience....Thanks again Craig to you and your team for the time you dedicated to me while also competing.....

Again - WOW - Watching the best shooters in the WORLD shoot steel was an experience I will not soon forget especially since I was allowed to meet, talk with, and listen to the world class ambassadors for this shooting discipline. All of the shooters were focused and in the ZONE just prior to and while on the line but none of them hesitated to cut up with the other squad members, and even me between cycles.

All I can say is this - Max Michel is a true AMBASSADOR for this discipline and it was an honor to meet him as well as all of the other shooters I listed. These folks did not view themselves as being better or different from anyone there - not even me. AMAZING folks at the top of their profession and having fun doing it.....I am hooked as a spectator and fan.....All of the shooters I listed allowed me (encouraged me) to stand right behind them (2-3 feet) and do my video taping....Needless to say my Go-Pro had over 200 videos on it....

In closing I share with you one last comment - On Craig's (SIGForum member who invited me) Team there is a young man who Craig and his other team members have mentored for the past 18 months and his name is Cole Busch....Cole is pictured in the last photo below and remember what I am about to say - Cole Busch will be the next Max Michel in the next 2-4 years if he continues on his current pace. He is 18 months young in this sport, 15 years old right now, and is already classified as a Grand Master.....

Thanks Again Craig and Team for the invite - I will be at the World Steel Shoot in Talladega, AL in Mid-June so if any SIGForum members are going to be there please e-mail me. I would love to meet other forum friends. I will let my pictures share my excitement....Mark

OH - YEA - Jessie Duff is not only Beautiful - she is funny and always smiling....and she is one BAD A** shooter when she steps into that box....Amazing to watch....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigarmsp226,

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
That looks and sounds like an incredible day. Congrats on going.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nice, Mark. Thanks for posting. What was the temp?

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q - The morning of these photos it was a brisk 38F...It warmed up to the mid-70’s as the day progressed but because this Super Squad was shooting in the morning the cool morning start had everyone staying bundled up until just before stepping into the box.....

Hind Sight - My wife told me the night before to take the 6 pack of Hot Hands we had in the car but I neglected to throw them in my backpack.... Had I remembered those I would have been Craig, Max, KC, and Jessie’s bestest friend in the whole wide world, at least for a couple of hours...But that never happened....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mark, it was certainly a pleasure to meet you, spend some time chatting on the range and I'm glad you made the drive over. I also can't thank you enough for the videos.

Don't anyone listen to him about asking 200+ questions. It was more around 300+ but who's counting. Big Grin

On a serious note though the questions never bother us because we are doing something we love and want to share our experience with others. Hell, we are still asking everyone else questions. Just remember you've asked your questions, you've seen how its done and now its time to get out there and do it yourself.

You can't tell by the pictures but Mark took the picture of Cole and I shortly after he got pictures of all the pros. You can certainly tell who is from MN and Iowa and who's from the southern half of the country. I was even wearing shorts and enjoying the nice weather.

I certainly wish I was coming to World Speed in June but the USPSA schedule will be in full swing here in MN and my travel schedule doesn't leave me enough time to make it. Eric, Heather and Cole will be there to keep you company and that match will draw even more pros in for you to hang with.

Hope to see you on the range again sometime soon. Hopefully as a fellow competitor.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was indeed a good day.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Cool, down to earth successful people rock!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Mark,
that's pretty cool! And it's good to put a face with the name!

Where can we see some of videos??@!

chris

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris - I have extra flash drives at work (old product catalogs and training videos) so Monday I will copy the videos on to one and get it coing your way. I have your address.

Also - I saw Max eye-balling the watch you Karma’ed me but he was not getting it. No way no how.... Big Grin

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Did Dave Sevigny and Jerry Miculek compete?

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Did Dave Sevigny and Jerry Miculek compete?

Dave and Brooke were there but not Jerry.

Lena was there but left as soon as she was done shooting on Saturday.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I thought I saw that face somewhere before. Mark, you look like Larry Vickers, but slimmer. Smile

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Amazing day, thanks for the story and pics, we'll be watching for Cole!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a word......SWEET!

Posts: 585 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
As a guy who who shoots (and is the RO, organizer, blah blah blah) of a small local steel match every week...this would be an AWESOME experience, almost a dream come true.
Thank you for sharing the photos!

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
BJ Norris is a great guy. He came to our camp when he was younger. We were just getting started teaching Steel. He was a great help.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post