SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stupid Sentimentality....I am a bastard but somehow very sentimental
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stupid Sentimentality....I am a bastard but somehow very sentimental Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
So I'm gonna get all spiritual for a second.

My parents have a friend will be shuffling off this mortal coil in the not so far future. As such he is selling lots of stuff off, he and his wife are moving close to kids etc.

At any rate he had an old wood gun cabinet that my dad asked me if I wanted. I said yeah since I figured it would help them out to buy it and worst case I put it in storage.

Well I brought it home today and it's a fairly simple, cheaply made wood thing, nothing to write home about. It's, however, perfect for my oft used air rifles though and I managed to get it in my gun room and you know I have to think, this guy obviously being a gun guy is happy to know his old cabinet is has some rifles in it once again....as it should be.

I imagine this cheap old cabinet will hold some significance to me for a long time that this guy will never know. Stupid for some cheap piece of wood from a guy a barely know but one gun geek to another his cabinet gets to live on doing what it was meant to.

I guess this is my dumbass way of giving said guy just a little bit of living on in some small way.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Oh, that is nice. Both the sentiment and the cabinet. Nice work.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I like it!
I'd maybe consider changing out the wood front for a glass pane however.
It's more fun when you can see the goods!

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think its a nice gesture on your part.
And nice speedloaders!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I like it. If it also holds sentimental value to you, then all the better.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Very cool, and you have some unused space at the top you could still optimize too.

You could also get one of those fabric gun safe door organizers and secure it to front door. Or low tech Velcro strips. Check that the hinges can support I guess.

I like it!

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Looks custom made to me and very nice.

AAaahhhhh air rifles....never enough. At least they have their own cabinet. Cool

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heck yes!

That is so much nicer than the rack I made for my air rifles out of 2x3s and 1x2s in the basement.

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
cslinger, for what it's worth, I think I know how you feel.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post