SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CPAP users question.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CPAP users question. Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:

It was filled to the top line when I went to bed. Same routine every night, no question it was full.

Well then the humidity setting was such that the machine used all the water to achieve the % where it's set.

I've had the same thing happen, I've turned down the humidity setting some in order to keep it from using a tank of water a night, in the summer I run it without heat at zero but fill the tank and it still runs the water down, you get some moisture that way but cool air still.

Perhaps the setting was bumped up, just check it to see where you are and adjust it.

Posts: 23389 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

It was filled to the top line when I went to bed. Same routine every night, no question it was full.

Well then the humidity setting was such that the machine used all the water to achieve the % where it's set.

I've had the same thing happen, I've turned down the humidity setting some in order to keep it from using a tank of water a night, in the summer I run it without heat at zero but fill the tank and it still runs the water down, you get some moisture that way but cool air still.

Perhaps the setting was bumped up, just check it to see where you are and adjust it.

I bumped up the setting to 5 last week. Today after checking out all the settings, the humidity said 4. I like the idea of turning it down in the summer, I'll have to try it. I did sleep longer last night than I ever have since owning the CPAP. I was tired from a few nights out late in a row and went to bed at 9:00pm. Normally in bed at 11, and if I have work I'm up at 5:30 other wise no later than 8:00am. When I know I'm not working I stay up later than 11:00.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another CPAP question please: Saturday I'm flying to Fort Myers to pick up a car for my daughter, gifted by her grandmother (2015 Hyundai Sonata 9K miles).
Would you put you CPAP in your luggage or as a carry on? I'm thinking it will get beat up in a suitcase, I don't have a hard shell model case.

I always keep mine, and my script meds, in my carry on. Anything else lost can be easily replaced.

Just be aware that TSA will make you take what they call the "motor" part out and put in one of the plastic tubs for X-ray. Just be prepared for that. I've gone through TSA twice this week and more to go before I get home.

Good luck into you.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post