SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paging Stickman, on Moto GP..........
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paging Stickman, on Moto GP.......... Login/Join 
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted
Stick,

You know I am an admin for the Ducati owners website, and love the Duc's.

I thought this was good explanation on why Duc is behind in Moto GP.

http://www.motorsportmagazine....m=email&utm_content=

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Hey. Interesting read! It was cool to see Ducati get a first place finish. I would think if Ducati can continue to stay on top in the power dept and can fine tune the handling they can definitely give Yamaha and Honda a good run for their money. It's been a rough year for Suzuki. I'd love to see Ducati and Suzuki begin to snag first place finishes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to love watching Moto GP until They switched to a channel not in my current Comcast lineup Frown seems it was always Honda Yamaha unless a bad wreck. They just had too much money funneled into it, and would attract better riders.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Glad to see some positive Ducati.

Man I miss me some MotoGP. Like hunter62 said, Comcast broadcast is on a Spanish Sports channel now. And I don't have the Spanish channels nor will I. So for the second year now I am missing it. Used to DVR, like i still do with F1.

I always was hoping what a comeback would be if Nickey Hadden had had another Championship year when he started riding for ducati. But iirc Ducati was pretty new back into GP at the time and was working out a lot of bugs.

I miss seeing the elbows scrape and extreme lean angles. And some of those footpep yo footpep battles. MotoGP is awesome racing.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Nicky Haden. Crazy that he is killed will on a bicycle. All the close calls with racing, and this happens.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
That was an interesting article!

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Rainman, What is going on with these recent rumors of the Panigale going away soon? Do you think Ducati might actually make a V4 sportbike to replace the Panigale?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Ducati has won the last two races in a row. They have the best motor in GP, and their bike is easier on the tires. They still have midcorner work to figure out but you win 2 races in a row in GP, and you're no longer the underdog.

The author of the writer has been around for decades. Read every article he publishes. A wealth of information there. If only Dennis Noyes posted as regularly....

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Rainman, What is going on with these recent rumors of the Panigale going away soon? Do you think Ducati might actually make a V4 sportbike to replace the Panigale?

There is a LOT of chatter about a V4 on my forum.
Sounds like 2019 it will be out.
There will be a Tricolor Panigale in 2018 for a swan song tribute.

It's rumor, but there seems to be traction to the stories from some euro members that usually are in the know.....

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post