SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone know of Dobermann Breeders within 500 miles of Atlanta ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know of Dobermann Breeders within 500 miles of Atlanta ? Login/Join 
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted
Turning_Gal and I have lost 3 dogs this year and the remaining dog is very lonesome and actually depressed. We have decided that we would like a dobermann for both protection and as family companion.

If any SF member is a breeder or knows of reputable dobermann breeder please send us an email. We located a puppy in SC and very excited to make a purchase but the images that the 'breeder' sent were over 2 years old. Additional research found the same images posted over 500 times in for sale ads.

Travel to get the right dobby is not an issue 500 miles or more is acceptable to us. Of course price is a factor as well, we did find one breeder with pups available but they were asking $3,500 and up, a bit to much for our budget.

Thanks !

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The good working lines are very expensive. The breed has been ruined to a large degree by inbreeding. The few solid breeders in the US charge an arm and a leg because of this.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine breeds them.
He is in Hickory NC.
If that’s close enough, email me your info and I will pass it on to him.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
When we were looking for an Aussie years ago, we started out with the breeders association for info and referrals.
Here is the one I found for Dobermann's.

https://dpca.org/breed/breeder-referral/

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
If any SF member is a breeder or knows of reputable dobermann breeder please send us an email. We located a puppy in SC and very excited to make a purchase but the images that the 'breeder' sent were over 2 years old. Additional research found the same images posted over 500 times in for sale ads.

Good luck with your search. Hope to see you posting puppy pics soon! Smile

Pet scamming is a big thing in the pandemic. Good for you for checking that first 'breeder'.

Probably worth considering reporting this to their local ASPCA and sheriff's office. Maybe they are legit and just violating copyright on the photo. Unlikely, but possible. But if they're scammers and get shut down, it'll help prevent someone more trusting from getting scammed.

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Would you consider to adopt?

There are a number of Doberman rescues.

I know a lot of shelters and rescues have been able to adopt out everyone with the panic-demic, but there's a never ending supply of dogs needing forever homes.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are 2 Doberman rescues in the Atlanta area, we adopted one years ago from Atlanta Doberman rescue when the Feltons were still involved. Great dog, I wish we had the time and space for another one now ....

Posts: 1702 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: September 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
There’s one in Tennessee not far from Huntsville. I’ll try and find the name.

There is also Dillons Doberman in Alabama but I’m not sure she is still breeding.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not Doberman but my good friend trains and sells dog to military and police departments. He is in GA if you change you mind about breeds. He buys from Europe and only does working dogs not show dogs. Von Der king

Posts: 1744 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cwelch
posted Hide Post
Here's three top breeders in Georgia. I don't know their current breeding status but they are all very picky about placing their dogs and they are not inexpensive.

Mikadobe

Akolade Dobermans

Adamas Dobermans

Posts: 268 | Location: Conyers, Ga. | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Would you consider to adopt?

My friend just texted me that he's considering re-homing their dobermann. We've dog sat this beautiful female and she's very well behaved. They spent serious time training her, but with two working professionals and only one kid at home, they feel they don't give her the time she deserves.

I'm still getting all the details and will add to this post as necessary.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The price of all puppies has increased 200-300% post COVID.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post