SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018 Expedition
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 Expedition Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
I'm watching them closely, but more serious about 2019. I'll test drive a 2018 and read some reviews of people who put 50K miles on them...and then make my decision.

Probably as I'm building one for an order, they'll tease us about an excursion, and I'll wait some more.

The expedition EL has more interior room inside than the excursion does. The 2018's will have a diesel option,a killer tow rating, and fold flat rear seats, making the want for an old used Excursion nearly non existant

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
I'm watching them closely, but more serious about 2019. I'll test drive a 2018 and read some reviews of people who put 50K miles on them...and then make my decision.

Probably as I'm building one for an order, they'll tease us about an excursion, and I'll wait some more.

The expedition EL has more interior room inside than the excursion does. The 2018's will have a diesel option,a killer tow rating, and fold flat rear seats, making the want for an old used Excursion nearly non existant
My sources (which are dealer maintenance directors, so who knows if they really know), tell me it's still going to be a 1/2 ton, with the F150 or 1/2 ton smaller diesel.

If they'd put the same 6.7TT diesel and transmission I have in my F250 in it...I'm sold.

I don't just want one for the seats...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Vehicle prices especially trucks and SUVs are out of control.
In-Laws picked up a slightly used 2016 Tahoe sticker was over 70k!!
Out of control.

Thank the EPA and CAFE standards. Do you think Ford would go to the expense of an aluminum body and a twin turbo v6 if it weren't to get better gas mileage. I bet all the BS to make it more fuel efficient adds $5k to the price to build one.

While that is part of it there is all the other technology and "packages" that you must purchase. Most I don't want.
Give me the vehicle with 4x4 shifter in the floor no need for a fancy electronic way to switch to 4wd. TracLoc differential no need for traction control or automatic 4wd. Cloth seats no need for power seat. Rubber floors no need far carpet and a back up camera. No need for some crazy multimedia setup. 17" or 18" wheels will do no need for chrome.
The less computers the better.

I want a simple stripped down vehicle.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Is it any bigger than the 17, interior wise? My 15 Explorer is in the shop right now and I have a loaner 17 Expedition and I feel like my explorer has more interior room.

Posts: 6346 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post