SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018 Expedition
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 Expedition Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
Anyone planning on buying? Or picking up a bargain on a 2017? Looks to be a real beauty and a long overdue redesign.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I'm planning on buying when they're released in the Fall. Unless there's something drastic that I don't like about it for some reason. I've had my eye on it for a while.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
If I can get Mrs. 'Hook to let go of her 2001, then yes. But that's not likely.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I will say it, cause I believe it. Never buy the first model year, ever.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Looks a lot like a Tahoe imho (and not necessarily a horrible thing either - I've always thought they were fairly handsome trucks)

IRS is really desirable in a full size SUV that stays on road for most of its life.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I will say it, cause I believe it. Never buy the first model year, ever.

I'll second that.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
I'm planning on buying when they're released in the Fall. Unless there's something drastic that I don't like about it for some reason. I've had my eye on it for a while.

This is exactly what I'm doing. I've thought about replacing my 2008 Eddie Bauer which I've had since new and now has 95k miles on it (mostly completely trouble free). I even considered an incredible deal on a 2017, but will wait for the 2018 new aluminum body style. I will most likely go with a ecoboost, BUT diesel will be an option in them.

Expeditions have had IRS since 2003.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I'm too lazy to look, and won't be buying...but how much does one cost?

I'll guess $55,000-$60,000, sticker, and up with extra options?

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

Pretty much.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

Eek That's more than twice what I paid for my first house!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Yep. Vehicle (Truck/SUV) prices are insane.

Hell, house prices are insane.

Or maybe I'm just poor. <<<That's why I married UP! Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I have a 2016 Limited EL. I love the darn thing! Pulls anything and you can put anything in it and a lot of it. I buy all my vehicles at auction salvage titled. A very good friend of mine owns a body shop and is a absolute master at repairs. He does all the work for me. Mine had 5300 miles on it when I bought it. Had been hit on the rear end. So virtually a new Expedition at about half the cost of a new one. I don't trade in I drive the wheels off so it works for me!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not an Expedition, but I just purchased a 2015 Silverado 4x4 to replace the 2002 Quadrasteer that was wrecked last Monday. 15 years and talk about how the prices have risen. WOW.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:

This is exactly what I'm doing. I've thought about replacing my 2008 Eddie Bauer which I've had since new and now has 95k miles on it (mostly completely trouble free). I even considered an incredible deal on a 2017, but will wait for the 2018 new aluminum body style. I will most likely go with a ecoboost, BUT diesel will be an option in them.

Expeditions have had IRS since 2003.

Nice! I'm sure we'll have threads to come, in the Fall.

Did you see Ford just announced the town rating on it a day or two ago? 9,300lbs. Make me want it even more.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Well, I like Consumer Reports and they rated it as a top three (3) RECOMMENDED in the Large SUV category.

PS I didn't know that, I just looked it up for you. Wink

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
Well, I like Consumer Reports and they rated it as a top three (3) RECOMMENDED in the Large SUV category.

I have a hard time with #1 (Chevy Traverse) and #2 (Ford Flex) being considered a Large SUV alongside the #3 expedition, #4 sequoia, armada, suburban, etc. They both seem pretty mid-sized to me.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Vehicle prices especially trucks and SUVs are out of control.
In-Laws picked up a slightly used 2016 Tahoe sticker was over 70k!!
Out of control.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Vehicle prices especially trucks and SUVs are out of control.
In-Laws picked up a slightly used 2016 Tahoe sticker was over 70k!!
Out of control.

Thank the EPA and CAFE standards. Do you think Ford would go to the expense of an aluminum body and a twin turbo v6 if it weren't to get better gas mileage. I bet all the BS to make it more fuel efficient adds $5k to the price to build one.

We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:

I have a hard time with #1 (Chevy Traverse) and #2 (Ford Flex) being considered a Large SUV alongside the #3 expedition, #4 sequoia, armada, suburban, etc. They both seem pretty mid-sized to me.

Don't know about the traverse but the Flex is huge inside. Roomiest car we looked at. Notice I said car, not SUV. I don't know where that came from. But it was a fantastically omfortable car.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I'm watching them closely, but more serious about 2019. I'll test drive a 2018 and read some reviews of people who put 50K miles on them...and then make my decision.

Probably as I'm building one for an order, they'll tease us about an excursion, and I'll wait some more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post