SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help me pick a kayak...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me pick a kayak... Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
$500 each or for both?

At $500 each, I'd look at something Perception has to offer.

At $500 for both, I'd look for used kayaks.

Each. I’ll look. I guess I’m planning on Sit on top now.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not a canoe Gear fits in better and if you stuff floation in the ends I've seen them easily run class 4 rapids. I have a few Kayaks for the bay, and miss my canoe. NOTE that canoe weight is a thing, the Coleman 17 footers run @ 100 lbs and for some folks that's too much weight. You can get Kevlar from lots of folks (WeNoNah for example) that come in @40 lbs but if you buy new they cost more. Lots more.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
Why not a canoe Gear fits in better and if you stuff floation in the ends I've seen them easily run class 4 rapids. I have a few Kayaks for the bay, and miss my canoe. NOTE that canoe weight is a thing, the Coleman 17 footers run @ 100 lbs and for some folks that's too much weight. You can get Kevlar from lots of folks (WeNoNah for example) that come in @40 lbs but if you buy new they cost more. Lots more.

Gotta get 2 on top of my car. Kayaks fit the bill. My girlfriend wouldn’t want a canoe alone.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Look for a used Jackson or demo boat at one of your local dealers. Many, including myself, feel more secure in a sit-in. Like many other things in life, quality matters. Stability and performance off jackson boats is excellent. 11-12 foot is a good rec boat length for stability and maneuverability

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post