Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pick pockets Login/Join 
posted
We were going into a restaurant last night. A guy in front of us dropped his keys and our friend reached down to pick it up. Guy came around me and brushed up against our friend.

The Mrs. had the angle on him and saw the person pick our friends pocket. She threw a hip check that knocked him down.

I looked a her and she said "Wallet" and pointed to the ground. Held the guy until the po po got there.

His friend ran like a rabbit.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Wow. One of the reasons I always carry important items in my front pockets. Slim card/ID holder in the front left and cash in the front right. When just standing around my hands are usually sitting in or near my pockets so I'm a harder (I hope) target.

And good eyes by the wife!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Nice collar.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Remind me not to mess with your wife!

Good for her. Glad she caught the miscreant.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Did the guy that dropped his keys stick around? Innocent bystander or in on the scam?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4576 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She's been a cops wife for decades and a former ER charge nurse, she can handle herself. She is also the best person I have ever seen who can spot someone carrying a concealed firearm.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Did the guy that dropped his keys stick around? Innocent bystander or in on the scam?

He ran like a rabbit when his friend hit the ground. No honor among thieves.

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
The art of the cut-purse ... you think it only happens in literature or European train stations.

As a kid I remember signs at Veterans Stadium warning of pickpockets.

Glad Fingers got the hip.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
She's been a cops wife for decades and a former ER charge nurse, she can handle herself. She is also the best person I have ever seen who can spot someone carrying a concealed firearm.

She has amazing situational awareness!

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Wow your wife is AWESOME!!

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Fantastic. I'd have been awfully tempted to have helped his fingers out with some accidentally misplaced foot steps...

Around here, if we even could get an officer to respond, he'd be cited and released right there.

I'm glad that LE was able to respond and deal with the low life for you.

Truly great to know you're married to a woman who not only sees this, but takes appropriate action. Absolutely outstanding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I carry my wallet in a front pocket for this reason and upon my chiropractors recommendation. Makes it 10x harder for a pickpocket and nothing to sit on and put your hips and back out of whack.

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
So how extensive were his facial injuries?

The preferred answer is "moderate to severe"!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4576 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
New York City every years warns people of pickpockets on New Years Eve. The crowds are so big and everyone is bumping into one another. It is a pickpockets paradise. I carry mine in my front pocket. Mainly because of back problems.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
ulsterman, now that you're retired and you're holding someone for the boys in blue, are you technically making a citizen's arrest while holding them?

Also, do you carry a Law Enforcement Officer’s Safety Act Retired Officer Concealed Carry Authorization Picture Identification Card? I imagine it makes things a little smoother when the boys in blue arrive.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Kudos to your bride. Cool

Posts: 26900 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
When I worked in NJ many of the pick pocket teams were gypsies. Any sort of county fair, concert, carnival, they were out in force.

Despicable people.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
ulsterman, now that you're retired and you're holding someone for the boys in blue, are you technically making a citizen's arrest while holding them?

Also, do you carry a Law Enforcement Officer’s Safety Act Retired Officer Concealed Carry Authorization Picture Identification Card? I imagine it makes things a little smoother when the boys in blue arrive.

I carry all required documents. I technically didn't hold him. I strongly suggested he not get up until the police got there to check his injuries. Might also had something to do with my H&K showing on my hip.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
So how extensive were his facial injuries?

The preferred answer is "moderate to severe"!

She forced him into a planter and he took a dive over that. He split a lip and got rash on his cheek and forehead.

Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Used to happen down on Bourbon Street in New Orleans a lot. Probably still does. I learned to carry everything important up front.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post