SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apparently George Washington was at Gettysburg according to History Channel
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apparently George Washington was at Gettysburg according to History Channel Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
History Channel, you are fake history Mad

Link to Tweet: https://twitter.com/HISTORY/status/881852286036783104

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Is that the immortal scene of Washington accepting Cromwell's surrender at Little Round Top?

Smile

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That's the war where we beat the Nazis at Pearl Harbor, right?

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is this real, or is it a spoof?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, it's real: https://twitter.com/HISTORY/status/881852286036783104

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

Shockingly it is real. Still up on the official Twitter account. The reader comments are pretty good.

https://twitter.com/HISTORY

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would bet the great majority of today's high schoolers, and their history teachers, would have no clue.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Must be real. Abe Lincoln took the photo and posted to his facebook when it happened.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Most people don't know who we fought, what century we fought, or what the conflict was about.

Posts: 9508 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Oh dear.

tac

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I guess they didn't call Rick's buddy, Mark Hall-Patton, administrator of the Clark County Museum, to verify the painting's authenticity.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I think it's a fake, I don't see Brian Williams in there anywhere.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Did they get the day or battle right, at least?

Posts: 27953 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Yes, July 1-3, 1863.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I love my country, truly and deeply, and I know many in this forum feel the same way. I cannot imagine- cannot imagine- being so ignorant of its history, as the vast majority of its citizens today seem to be.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Must be real. Abe Lincoln took the photo and posted to his facebook when it happened.

Well, he was known for taking tons of pics on his iPhone...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Media picked up on this

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Media picked up on this

Just as bad. They have caption of a picture with General Lewis Armsistead labeled as George Pickett.

http://porterbriggs.com/remembering-picketts-charge/

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post