SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Parents give teacher wine for Christmas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parents give teacher wine for Christmas Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
I can relate to this Big Grin

A student in Ohio posted photos on Twitter of the gift one of his parents gave his little brother’s teacher for Christmas and it’s, if nothing else, unique.

DJ Sommers of Dayton, Ohio said his parents usually gives his younger sibling's teacher something like a candle or flowers to thank them for their work.

This year, however, the parents thought this particular teacher needed something a little more substantial.

The parents got bottles of wine for the younger Sommers boy’s teacher, but the labels on the bottles were replaced with a photo of the student.

"My parents always get our elementary school teachers a present around Christmas. Typically something small like a candle or flower to say thank you. This year they got them bottles of wine & replaced the labels with their own with my brother on them... Happy holidays," DJ wrote on Twitter.

The label also contains a special message:

"Our child might be the reason you drink, so enjoy this bottle on us."

http://www.fox13news.com/trend...h-sons-face-on-label

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Truth in advertising.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Substitute Scotch if your kid is particularly unruly.

Posts: 1967 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cheers

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I probably contributed to alcoholism in the teaching profession during my school days. I was often told that I was failing and would be held back. I always responded with Ok, see you next year! Amazingly, I passed every year.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post