SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dishwasher help.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dishwasher help. Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted
So I load the dishwasher, put in the soap pod, and press start.

It runs for 5 to 15 mines.... then stops and shuts off.

The soap pod is on the bottom of the dishwasher wet, but not dissolved.

Any ideas?

It will complete a wash cycle maybe 1 in 10 times.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
https://www.applianceblog.com/...esn-t-complete-cycle

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5051 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had the same issue with a 7 yr old kitchen aid a few days before Christmas. Couldn't get a new one before all the kids/grandkids came, so I tried the fix shown in the video link posted above - no luck. Out of desperation I disconnected and reconnected every electrical connector in the dishwasher. Did it a couple of times to hopefully clean up a bit of corrosion. It worked for a couple of months. When it started in again i bought a new maytag.

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a similar experience with a GE dishwasher that was 10yrs old. After playing with the electronics it worked for a while and then started the same thing. After seeing the price of the control board, my Wife opted to just buy a new dishwasher.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Do you have experience with dishwashers?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
check to make sure the water isn't leaking out during the cycle. Mine was doing the same thing and had a leak under the machine that was draining straight to the crawl space

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
What unit do you have?

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlc444:
check to make sure the water isn't leaking out during the cycle. Mine was doing the same thing and had a leak under the machine that was draining straight to the crawl space

No leak, I think it may have to do with the draining. Last time it had water in the bottom of the tub. Once I ran the disposal it drained them worked.

No water this time, but no dice on the disposal.

Will get a model number when I get home.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine (kitchen aid) would tend to not fully clean dishes after a while. I would take out the lowest rolling tray and clean out the sump in the bottom. Crud would collect after a time and clog things up. Everything that needed access was assembled with stainless screws. Disassemble, clean everything you can, reassemble.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Whirlpool quiet partner I is the model

Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Chances are the anti siphon valve is plugged up.

Silver bullet looking thing on the counter near the sink.

Pull the silver cover straight up and off.

Plastic valve is now exposed.

Take the top off of it. Notice a skinny tube inside it facing up - that's the drain line.

Get a stiff wire, barbecue skewer, anything you can find.

Get the dishwasher to drain and be prepared to unclog the anti siphon AS IT'S DRAINING.

If it produces a water fountain, open the door of the dishwasher to stop everything.

Reassemble the anti siphon valve and run a cycle.

Also, check the sump in the dishwasher. Some are impossible to access, but many are. If there's ANYTHING in there that isn't water - remove it. You'll need to remove the lower rack, have a flashlight and stick your head into the dishwasher to get the Mk I A I eyeball on target.

Also, model number - different from name - is located around the opening or around the door - top, side, etc. Important info.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post