SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Message From V-Tail To Jimmy123x
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Message From V-Tail To Jimmy123x Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Jimmy --

In the past I have been one of (maybe # 1) the most vocal members who have called you out when you made ridiculous "authoritative" statements on topics where you claimed to have knowledge.

I was not always nice about it.

Your post in the thread about death really changed my view.

You used your CPR training to keep that man alive. This was a true mitzvah and I sincerely hope that you reap blessings, tenfold, in return.

Thank you for what you did.
Note: I had thought about telling you my feelings about this in a private email message, but when I thought a bit more, I realized that I had chastised you in public more than once, so it is only fitting that when I praise you, I do so in public.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
You are a class act, V Tail

Also, great job, Jimmy.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
linkage? to said thread

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

linkage? to said thread
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...810050744#4810050744

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Jimmy has been overdue for a CUT. I suggested Mac-n-Cheese because his cooking story from when he was growing up was entertaining. Maybe Yacht Skipper, or Florida Sailor, or CPR Expert would be good. Have you given it a thought Jimmy?

Good on ya for saving your friend. mr kablammo bows in your general direction.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
How's about, "Life Saver (not the mint)" ? Smile

Mr. V, you're a mensch Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Jimmy --

In the past I have been one of (maybe # 1) the most vocal members who have called you out when you made ridiculous "authoritative" statements on topics where you claimed to have knowledge.

I was not always nice about it. I like ersatzknarf's idea for a CUT, Life Saver seems appropriate.

You used your CPR training to keep that man alive. This was a true mitzvah and I sincerely hope that you reap blessings, tenfold, in return.

Note: I had thought about telling you my feelings about this in a private email message, but when I thought a bit more, I realized that I had chastised you in public more than once, so it is only fitting that when I praise you, I do so in public.

I will second this. Well done Jimmy! I like ersatzknarf's suggestion for a CUT, seems appropriate.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Life Ring

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Jimmy --

I was not always nice about it.

I know you have in the past, I didn't like it, but took it as good ribbing between guys. It's no problem. Apology accepted and thank you.

I am just happy that he has made it so far. And it was a combination of many things. Being at the right place, he was talking to the dockmaster when he collapsed, dockmaster alerted me AND called 911, someone else having an AED 200' away and knowing how to use it, the paramedics getting there when they did, Key West not having a cardiologist on staff so they airlifted him to a hospital that is 1 of the top 100 cardiac centers in the country rather than keeping him there. It could've happened in so many places where nobody would've known for hours. I believe it was a combination of all of these things. I'm just really glad that he was brought back and currently stable.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post