SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can any Cincy folks confirm this?? June 1st being named "Trey Day". Trepierre Hummons killed CPD Officer Sonny Kim!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can any Cincy folks confirm this?? June 1st being named "Trey Day". Trepierre Hummons killed CPD Officer Sonny Kim! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I have been googling but found no mention of this being legit and I certainly hope it is not.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
http://www.fox19.com/story/354...incinnati-cop-killer

Sounds like a "staffer" may soon be looking for a $15 an hour buger flippin' gig.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The FOP appears to be being petty gracious about the whole thing.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A recently hired staffer should be a newly hired waitress at a local restaurant.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
http://www.cincinnati.com/stor...sonny-kim/331629001/

WOW!!!

Oh wait, we did not mean it. Roll Eyes

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Who the hell did they think "tre" was? Why did they think he needed a day in the first place? Fucking incredible!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't a "Tre" like a double tap, but with three shots? I'm just sayin'.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And this is why I stay the hell out of cinci. If I have to go there I go through it and if I must stop for gas or food I go across the nasty river to Newport. Fucking shit weasels, I can't stand anything about that city.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It’s very difficult to believe that this was an ignorant oversight by whoever made it happen.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The moron mayor, Cranley, is in a tough re-election campaign against a black woman. He's a worthless piece of shit, but it gives pieces of shit a bad name. Just pandering. If he needs another reference, he voted for obamacare before he read it. That wasn't all bad because the next election cycle he lost his seat. So he ran for mayor. Most of us have no love for the bastard. I don't live over there so I only need to put up with the crap he dishes out.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
It’s very difficult to believe that this was an ignorant oversight by whoever made it happen.

I sincerely believe the Mayor had no clue. No way he would let it happen.

As for others I have not lived in Cincy for nearly 12 years now and was well aware of who Tre was.
I think it has more to do with everyone gets a trophy society. Just rubber stamp these proclamations so everyone feels important. Instead of actually giving them where they are deserved.

I do have to give them credit for the redaction letter to old dad by calling Tre what he was a murderer.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
No surprise. San Francisco stupidvisor assholes named a day after some thug that stabbed someone and subsequently got killed by the police.

The stupid is strong with libtards.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Um.... Yeah. You're the MAYOR. It's YOUR signature.

So I screw up and misplace a time, date or comma on my report and it's my ass because "it's an official police report and we need to hold you to a higher stands as a public servant"?

Meanwhile you pull this and it's "a grievous error for which we are really, really sorry"?

BS.

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

I sincerely believe the Mayor had no clue. No way he would let it happen.

That was pretty much my “whoever made it happen” point. Elective positions like large city mayors involve an incredible number of activities that have nothing to do with being the chief executive that’s their primary job. Facsimiles of their signatures by stamping or by mechanical writers go on countless documents that at most someone mentions in passing during a meeting: “We’re going to declare …,” “Okay.”

And just like the office of US President, keeping track of all the political and “community relations” minutia that is unnecessary but can’t be avoided isn’t what we hire them and pay their large salaries for, IMO. If they’re signing an ordinance into law or firing the police chief, then they need to personally read and approve the document; if it’s to proclaim that it’s Unwed Poodles Recognition Day, they don’t. That’s been a fact of political life for a very long time.

To return to my point, it would be very interesting to know something about the “staffer” or staffers who prepared the proclamation. They no doubt had access to the forms, seals, and whatever method there was to reproduce the mayor’s signature, and that’s all it would have taken to do it without his knowledge. As I say, I doubt that it was an ignorant oversight and it would be interesting to know the motives behind it.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
OH, it was an ignorant oversight. Its the only thing t hat fool knows. As I said above, he also voted for obamacare without reading it. Now he signs some meaningless declaration, again without reading it. See a trend here? He was all over the news sheding tears, trying not to screw up too bad again. Remember he should be forgiven because he's a democrat. From that we should assume stupidity.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Crying is a novel approach.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Is it? I can't quite put John Boehner's finger on where I've seen this before.

Posts: 10942 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post