SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pocket Knife recommendation
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pocket Knife recommendation Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
My blade search has come to a conclusion! Though I picked 3 blades as my finalist, I received a Spyderco today in the mail from a generous member. This knife has instantly become my favorite because of the kind sentiment behind it.

Thank you all for your help!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6009 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
I have always carried a Victorinox Ambassador in my back pocket and an Emerson CQC7b w/wave in my front pocket.

The Ambassador is like the smaller Companion knife, but of useful size - bigger - and flat and un-noticable in the pocket.

I use the Amaassador for all things personal, cutting food, grooming, etc.

The Emerson is mostly for opening packages at work, but it is also for social purposes should the need arise.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of porterdog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:..I received a Spyderco today in the mail from a generous member.

Very cool; let's see it!

Is your government serving you?

Posts: 1271 | Location: Detroit (Rock City!) | Registered: September 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6009 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
A nice, no nonsense, pocket knife...

And generous of whomever it was (not me).

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Spyderco Delica! Enjoy

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I pocket my Spyderco Wayne Goddard.

Also the little keychain Swiss one with scissors, file, blade, and toothpick and tweezers. But I forgot about it and it was confiscated at Providence Park Thorns game. aaaaarrgh!

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:

The Griptilian family is fine but the 710 and 940 are both better Benchmades if you like the Axis lock. The Griptilian is definitely more of a starter knife in my mind. It's a lot of people's first nice knife along with stuff like the Kershaw Blur/Leek.

Out of curiosity, what makes the Grip a 'starter' knife vs the 710/940?

Its the knife that starts a lot of people's knife obsession.

When people are looking to get their first 'nice' knife, the Grip is usually one. the Kershaw Leek/Blur and the Spyderco Paramilitary2 are others.

It puts you on the path to newer and greater things.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Problem solved! What a great place!

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of porterdog
posted Hide Post
Is that knife with protection or SIG with protection?

Again, very cool; props to the donor.

Is your government serving you?

Posts: 1271 | Location: Detroit (Rock City!) | Registered: September 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Congrats and enjoy, Dave! That Delica will serve you very well. The 4 series of Delica/Endura is full flat grind on VG10, good stuff.

Big thumbs up to the forum member who karma'd it!

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post