SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Five paedophiles were executed in Yemen by 5 shots to the heart and hung from a crane
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Five paedophiles were executed in Yemen by 5 shots to the heart and hung from a crane Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Even a Third World country can get this right.

Sending across the toughest message, the authorities in Yemen executed and then hanged from a crane three men convicted of raping and killing a 10-year-old boy in front of hundreds of onlookers.

https://www.timesnownews.com/i...a-yemen-video/267403

And meanwhile in Tennessee, they finally got around to getting rid of this POS. He's been on death row since 1986 for committing the same crimes.

On Thursday night, Tennessee executed Billy Ray Irick, 59, for the 1985 rape and murder of 7-year-old Paula Dyer. He's the first death row inmate Tennessee executed since 2009.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/...turous-drug-cocktail

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, in England, you get jailed if you try to point out the criminals?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
And of course the media journalist makes it terrible with no mention of the horrors suffered by the child.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
The U.S. Supreme Court denied a stay of execution, with Justice Elena Kagan's signature and Justice Sonia Sotomayor's scathing dissent. "Although the midazolam may temporarily render Irick unconscious, the onset of pain and suffocation will rouse him ... just as the paralysis sets in, too late for him to alert bystanders that his execution has gone horribly (if predictably) wrong," Sotomayor wrote. "In refusing to grant Irick a stay, the court today turns a blind eye to a proven likelihood that the State of Tennessee is on the verge of inflicting several minutes of torturous pain on an inmate in its custody." Previously, the Supreme Court has compared potassium chloride to "chemically burning at the stake."

This woman is a narcissist. It wasn't her 7 year old little girl, so she's unable to see what a monster that poor little girl's murderer really was. You can bet that if it had been her daughter, she would have been just fine with him being executed - she'd only be pissed that it took 33 freakin' years to happen.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
The U.S. Supreme Court denied a stay of execution, with Justice Elena Kagan's signature and Justice Sonia Sotomayor's scathing dissent. "Although the midazolam may temporarily render Irick unconscious, the onset of pain and suffocation will rouse him ... just as the paralysis sets in, too late for him to alert bystanders that his execution has gone horribly (if predictably) wrong," Sotomayor wrote. "In refusing to grant Irick a stay, the court today turns a blind eye to a proven likelihood that the State of Tennessee is on the verge of inflicting several minutes of torturous pain on an inmate in its custody." Previously, the Supreme Court has compared potassium chloride to "chemically burning at the stake."

This woman is a narcissist. It wasn't her 7 year old little girl, so she's unable to see what a monster that poor little girl's murderer really was. You can bet that if it had been her daughter, she would have been just fine with him being executed - she'd only be pissed that it took 33 freakin' years to happen.

A bullet would be a lot quicker and painless if applied to the back of the head . If they're really worried about the "humane" method.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
And of course the media journalist makes it terrible with no mention of the horrors suffered by the child.

Did you read the same link? It was neutral and simply reported what happened. I didn't see anything that made me think the reporting was trying to make the executions out to be especially terrible.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
... raping and killing a 10-year-old boy in front of hundreds of onlookers.

< grammar nazi on >

Based on that statement, as written, three weren't enough. The hundreds of onlookers to the rape and killing are deserving of the same fate.

< grammar nazi off >

As for the condemned in Tennessee, if he suffered even a little bit, I'm okay with that.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31432 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Hopefully, they had the right three guys.

It is astonishing how casual some are about this.

I recall sitting at a hotel in Switzerland with a Saudi man I dealt with. The Saudis had just arrested and promptly beheaded 6 men claimed to be responsible for Khobar Towers bombing.

I asked him if he thought they were the ones who did it. “Could be, maybe,” he said in a tone of voice suggesting a gratifying coincidence but not critically important in the grand scheme.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
My remarks were towards the execution of the Tennessee man. I agree they need to be sure.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
My remarks were towards the execution of the Tennessee man. I agree they need to be sure.

He confessed when they first arrested him.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Just because the Yemeni court executed three men doesn't necessarily mean the right three men were killed.

The American justice system is quite unique in the protections its affords defendants (read that as "making sure we get it right).

In China, for instance, their judges work with their prosecutors ("procuratorate") to convict people charged of crimes. They wouldn't admit to me that this amounted to a presumption of guilt, but hey, if the person who's going to determine guilt and sentencing already thinks you done it before the trial starts, well. . .

Oh yes, no such thing as a jury trial in China. Probably not in Yemen, either. In many systems, if there's enough political pressure to find someone guilty, someone will be found guilty: could be anyone, right guy, wrong guy, doesn't matter, but he'll be found guilty for damn sure, just to prove the system works.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Our system makes no sense.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder what one has to do to be considered a pedophile in a culture that allows adult men to marry 9yr old girls? Are we talking about raping they neighbors goat????

Dmac

Posts: 22 | Location: Coastal Massachusetts | Registered: July 22, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Although the midazolam may temporarily render Irick unconscious, the onset of pain and suffocation will rouse him ...

Ummmm....no. No it won't, provided the appropriate dose is given.

Additionally, there is no pain associated with this. You go to sleep and you die. Simple as that. Completely painless.

Posts: 20097 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Supreme Court libs,
Could it not be considered that sitting on death row for 30 years is not cruel and unusual punishment?
If the verdict is guilty and the sentence is death, carry out the execution in a reasonable and prompt manner.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If only all US executions were done Clyde Shelton style.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
"Although the midazolam may temporarily render Irick unconscious, the onset of pain and suffocation will rouse him ...

Ummmm....no. No it won't, provided the appropriate dose is given.

Additionally, there is no pain associated with this. You go to sleep and you die. Simple as that. Completely painless.

Have always felt that dropping a Jersey Barrier (4,000 to 6,000 pounds) from 10 feet would be quick and no Perone to failure.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Meanwhile, in England, you get jailed if you try to point out the criminals?

Why single out England? Why not include Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, too?

And why just UK?

Why not Iceland or Ecuador?

Or is it just English-speakers?

Republic of Ireland, maybe?

New Zealand?

Tonga?

tac

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those who say that there is no cure for pedophilia have apparently never been to Yemen.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They execute people in Yemen for witchcraft so this is just more mob violence.

Easy way to get rid of a competitor or the competition.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post