SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Switchblade knifes- LEGAL in IL.- CPD advice.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Switchblade knifes- LEGAL in IL.- CPD advice. Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted
I just read that switchblades are now legal in IL. No blade length or open or concealed limitations.
ONLY restriction is that possessor must have a IL. FOID card.

I don't know if limitations can be imposed by local municipalities.

Any inside info from our resident CPD officers on the Chicago take on this?

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
More blood in the streets, for sure. More knives carried into gun fights, as well.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
http://www.knifeup.com/illinois-knife-law/ and https://www.akti.org/state-knife-laws/illinois/

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On a Wing
and a Prayer
Picture of Pilken
posted Hide Post
quote:

both of these sites still show IL switchblades as illegal.

5 days ago law was passed to make them legal again

http://www.gunrights4illinois....egal-illinois-kinda/

my Best Guess is that this law will go into effect on Jan 1, 2018. there will be no preemption so we're up to the mercy of each town and county to create their own patchwork of laws. Roll Eyes

-------------------------
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
- Dr. Seuss

Posts: 2624 | Location: FINALLY just outside of Chicagoland | Registered: April 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Lack of Statewide Preemption appears to be the problem.

Even though the state law has changed, Chicago/OakPark/etc still look like no-go zones.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Well the gangbangers had them already, so now lawful citizens can too. I wish we could in my state.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
WTF does a FOID card have to do with carrying a knife Confused

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
WTF does a FOID card have to do with carrying a knife Confused

FOID cards are meaningless. You can't use them as identification, you still need a DL to buy a firearm, they're only good for ammo.

Little Ritchie Daley, when he was States Attorney, came up with the idea, supposedly to ease the fears of the ISRA and the NRA that he was trying to ban guns in the state. The ISRA eventually admitted that it was just another Democratic trick.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pilken:
quote:

both of these sites still show IL switchblades as illegal.

5 days ago law was passed to make them legal again

http://www.gunrights4illinois....egal-illinois-kinda/

my Best Guess is that this law will go into effect on Jan 1, 2018. there will be no preemption so we're up to the mercy of each town and county to create their own patchwork of laws. Roll Eyes

Until its a law, I'd still refer to the sites listed. Regardless of any laws being changed, Chicago won't allow it.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post