SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    iPhone 6 slimline case recommendations?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone 6 slimline case recommendations? Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I put an Apple silicone case on my 10 before it left the store... but I find them a little slick and hard to hold on to... the only reason I used it is because Magpul hasn't released the case to fit the 10 yet. It will get a Magpul case as soon as they are released. Me, the wife and both Daughters use the Magpul. Cheap, and IMO, just the perfect amount of cushion to protect against drops. Come in several colors. The grid of ridges on the back make the phone a little easier to hold on to. You can add a screen protector if desired along with it. I got a pink one for the wife.

https://www.amazon.com/Magpul-...l+iphone+6+case+pink

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
iPhone 6S Case TORRAS Fit Shell Hard Plastic Full Protective AntiScratch Resistant Cover Case for iPhone 6

good-fitting and protective slimline case. I just got the same type for my iphone 7 plus yesterday to replace a different one that broke. It's definitely slim line. And it seems protective enough. One piece, easy to intall. $9.99 for the black. comes in three other colors.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I have a plain, fairly inexpensive Incipio case on my phone. I really love it, and it's served me well.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
I use one from Saddleback Leather, excellent no problems.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.ebay.com/i/1125884...=ps&var=412998828878

You dont have to ebay it but I strongly recommend UAG cases. They are crazy slim, just a bit larger than your phone but they protect very well.

Mine have survived trips off the refrigerator so head height or higher and falls onto conglomerate concrete without issue. I do techarmor for my ballistic glass as they will replace the glass no questions for free if it cracks. You can probably protect her phone for $20-30 total.

I have this combo on my old Iphone 6 and now on my new Pixel 2 since apple decided to put the brakes on my 6. I dont have phone insurance because I have had these cases and screen protector and they've survived some pretty bad stuff.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Spegen? neo hybrid.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Magpul

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of Blade Tech's phone case.

I used to put all my iPhones in Magpul cases, until I cracked a screen.

After about a year or so, the plastic around the edges becomes softer and allows the corners to bend back quite easily. I dropped my phone and when it hit, the case bent back and let the screen hit the ground.

Blade Tech's plastic is more rigid, and a slightly slimmer profile.

Could have a been a one-off, but if I get another Magpul case, I'll be paying better attention to the edges over time.

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Magpul. All I've used for last 3 iPhones. Saved all 3 on many a drop to concrete/tile/blacktop. About $16, less for the older phones like my 6.

Posts: 4020 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I use the Speck case posted above too. It doesn't add much size and has some grip on the sides and back that make it easy to handle.

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My wife likes her Lifeproof case.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lif...proof%20case&veh=sem

Posts: 13677 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
Spegen? neo hybrid.

Bob

Did you mean Spigen? I tried one of those, first. Didn't seem to me it would add much protection, nor did it do much to improve grippiness. My wife went with the StarkAce I pointed-out, earlier. Added just a bit >< more bulk, but, it seemed to me, a lot more protection. And it definitely made that slippery phone more grippy. But not so grippy it's any more difficult to get in and out of a pocket or whatever.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
otterbox commuter paired with a glass screen protector.

It’s a good setup. Slim. Protective. Good purchase in your hand.

Otterbox offer lifetime replacement warranty no questions asked....can’t beat it. In fact, I just exercised my warranty yesterday. I just paid $5,99 for shipping and got a brand new case and shell after 3 years of use.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
My wife prefers these Speck cases on her iPhones.

http://www.speckproducts.com/a...-6-cases/IP6-CS.html

I go for the Otterbox Commuter but it is slightly thicker.

I also have to have egrips on a case. They keep it from sliding everywhere.

https://www.amazon.com/egrips-...keywords=Egrip+gecko

Black or clear

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Mine is a Pelican

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post