SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    iPhone 6 slimline case recommendations?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone 6 slimline case recommendations? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
The wife needs a new case for her iPhone 6. Nothing cute or with fuzz or cat whiskers or any of that shit- just a good-fitting and protective slimline case. Thanks.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
My entire family uses Lifeproof. We’re very satisfied with the protection and customer service. The cases can be pricey, but our phones always present “as new” when removed from the case.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Here are two from Amzaon which we've used in the past:

Case 1

Case 2

The second case has a bit more protection on the corners, if dropped.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I have put speck cases on my last 2 phones. Love them and you. An find them pretty cheap. Don’t add a lot of bulk but protect well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d...=speck+iphone+6+case

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
My wife and I use the Otterbox, the thinner Commuter series and we add a glass screen protector. Not water or dust proof but give a little better grip.

Not as slim as some but they have held up well to include a couple drops.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the factory apple case. I have the battery case on mine, but the case itself is slim and grippy.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My daughter and I have been using Spigen cases.
I have the slim hard case and she has the slim soft case.
We hoth use glass protectors. She’s 15 and abuses her phone and has no issues.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Two of my preferred. Not as industrial as Otterbox, but then I’ve never broken a phone before.

https://www.spigen.com/

https://www.incipio.com/cases/iphone-cases.html

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
My iPhone 5 likes old glasses case. Fits snug enough. Doesn't fall out. Very handy.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I’ve used Speck cases on my iPhones and have had good luck with them surviving several accidental drops.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Incipit cases on my and the wif's. They are slim, grippy, inexpensive and provide just enough protection.

Posts: 1121 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
If you want a mil-spec drop proof water proof dust proof case, then Lifeproof. I prefer the Nuud plus additional tempered glass screen protector. Enough rubber to be grippy, enough hard plastic to really protect. Negatives are accessing the mini jack requires a supplied pigtail adapter, you must open a cover to access the lightning port, and larger lightning plugs on some charge cords will not fit the opening, and all the protection comes with some added chunkiness. And, Wayniac is correct, it will come out looking like new years later.

If you want something a little slimmer, simpler and less expensive UAG, Urban Armor Gear, makes a variety of mil-spec drop tested cases as does Speck, but they will not protect against dust, lint, grit, etc.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
My wife and I use the Otterbox, the thinner Commuter series and we add a glass screen protector. Not water or dust proof but give a little better grip.

^^THIS^^

I've had this set-up on my 6 for several years now.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I would gladly send you two cases if you wish, an Otterbox Defender and another clear case that are like new and never really used outside the home. I used them for my iPhone 6S and iPhone 6. Plus I have an Apple battery case in white that I used with my iPhone 6S to extend the battery before I upgraded to the X if she would like. I can provide you with photos if you wish but they do look like "off the shelf" stuff. The Fuzz and his whiskers will remain here with me! Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:

Me too.

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Magpul case. Slim and functional

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
This is the slimmest you will get.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d...ords=spigen+iphone+6

Ask Hbabler if he has any 6 cases left. I recently Karma’d off a few to him. One of them was the factory Apple black rubber case which is great asnwas like new if I remember correctly.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I also like and use the Magpul case. The "bump case is the newer one and is a little better than the older one. The model number is MAG486 and is offered in several colors. It is a minimalist case, offers decent drop protection, and is tactile enough for a good grip without being difficult to slide easily in and out of a pocket. I also use a thin glass screen protector, which is hardly noticeable, but offers sacrificial protection if dropped on the screen.

Magpul case:

https://www.magpul.com/product...ump-case-iphone-6-6s

Screen protector:

https://www.amazon.com/Protect...tempered+glass&psc=1

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My wife and I have these on our iPhone 6S'. We quite like them.

https://www.amazon.com/StarkAc...rkace+iphone+6s+case

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
I have one of the Apple brand leather cases. Covers the back and the sides and still maintains the slim profile. I've dropped it a couple times and the leather is scuffed, but the phone is still 100%.

I've also used otterbox in the past and been very happy with it.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post