SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Electrical Bits Do I Need For This Appliance Power Cord Modification?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Electrical Bits Do I Need For This Appliance Power Cord Modification? Login/Join 
Picture of Hobbs
posted
I use an iSonic F3900 Ultrasonic Cleaner for Dentures. The power cord is always getting in the way while rinsing out the thing.

I need a detachable power cord. I have a Weller Solder Station and know how to use it. What adapter do-dad do I need to make it so? ... Thanks !!!

OH, it's a two prong cord.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Amateur Astronomer
Picture of Test1968
posted Hide Post
Look up quick connects or Molex connectors.

If I read correctly what you are looking for these should work.

Alcohol
Tobacco
Firearms

Who brought the chips and dip?

Jim

Posts: 14023 | Location: limbo | Registered: August 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
quick connects or Molex connectors

Thanks Jim. Got me headed in the right direction ~~~

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Alternatively, if you have a way to mount it, you could use a C13 male plug like they use on computer power supplies and then use a computer cord to plug it in.

Just ignore the gounding pin.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
That might be ideal Paul !!! ... if room to mount to the base. The backside of the iSonic is gently curved and that might be a problem with that adapter though.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I can send you a "razor cord" and a receptacle from equipment parts I have.

It should be small enough to fit, and I'll send part of the housing so you can use it if you need to by trimming and what not.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the most generous offer sigmonkey !!! I'm sure I can find something local. Great idea too !!! ... off to take a look at my pile of old electric razors.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
OK.

Let me know, I have someone cleaning out old equipment at the data-center this week, but I will put it aside tomorrow in case you need it.

Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
Cheapest way would be to head down to the Home Depot and buy a male and a female plug.

Something like this

And this

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
I think that will be the surest, safest way to go JJexp !!! Thanks. Thank you everyone !!!

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I would use a bulkhead mount male plug like this if you have room and then seal it with caulk.

https://www.amazon.com/AMAZECO...male+plug&pldnSite=1

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
OH, it's a two prong cord.

And the plug is polarized so heads up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yes. I have polarized cord and receptacle for the razor cord.