SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Raccoon climbing St. Paul, MN, skyscraper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raccoon climbing St. Paul, MN, skyscraper Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
“ST. PAUL, Minn. - A raccoon is finding itself in deeper and deeper - er, higher and higher - trouble as it climbs downtown St. Paul's UBS Tower.

The raccoon became stranded on a ledge of the Town Square office building a couple days ago, according to MPR News reporter Tim Nelson…”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...ntentId=89-563763824

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Scared half to death, and neither food nor water for quite awhile.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I shit you not I was completely prepared for the do-good crowd to block off streets for this.

Local channel WCCO was live-streaming and they were interviewing men (I use that term loosely) and women who were CRYING that no one was ‘doing anything’

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
So crazy.

News stations are breaking in to announce that it has been caught in a “live trap” on the roof.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
...Local channel WCCO was live-streaming and they were interviewing men (I use that term loosely) and women who were CRYING that no one was ‘doing anything’

Dave Moore would be laughing his ass off, frantically gathering shots for his Saturday Night Bedtime Nooz. (Sponsored by "Sealy Posturepedic: Sleeping on a Sealy is like sleeping when you're plowed)

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Dave Moore would be laughing his ass off, frantically gathering shots for his Saturday Night Bedtime Nooz. (Sponsored by "Sealy Posturepedic: Sleeping on a Sealy is like sleeping when you're plowed)

Steve Cannon, Ma Linger and Backlash Larue would’ve liked this story.

Serious about crackers

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
People don't want to see an animal get hurt. It doesn't matter if it's on the other side of the world. The video of the animal gives the situation immediacy. To hear of something such as this is one thing, but when humans see such a thing happening, they are engaged in the situation. Some people will then apply the situation to their self- IOW, they are the ones trapped 20 stories up.

Is it that hard to figure out? This is one of the finer aspects of our humanity.

Oh, I know- it's "just" a raccoon. Some people don't feel that way.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para for speaking up. I felt for the creature and would hope that anyone that has some humanity in them in that building, would want to help it out.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I imagine a couple of thousand people now want to adopt the poor thing.

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Went to a 10:00 movie last night (Avengers...which I liked by the way)...coming home well after midnight with zero cars on the road...the ubiquios opossum darts (Ok, waddles) in front of me...lock up the brakes on the ol' Tacoma and spend a minute or two with a flash light making sure I missed hitting it (which I did)...I know "it's just a possum" but it would have totally "harshed my mellow" if I had killed or worse, injured it.

I'm glad that raccoon was taken in to custody safely and I hope it's future is good.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The little bandit made it to the top, entered the trap, ate all the cat food, drank all the water, and was released in an undisclosed location. She was about two years old and tired but otherwise ok.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
...ate all the cat food, drank all the water...

She'll be back next week for seconds. Wink

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With her kids!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Some good photos in this article. That raccoon was scaling sheer walls, 20+ stories above the pavement.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic...-tower-released.html

Serious about crackers

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Mr John Eubanks (RIP) could have climbed up and helped had he been around.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev0li6_fFfo

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I imagine a couple of thousand people now want to adopt the poor thing.

Cool media event. Just let her go in the wild. Nice story. Glad she made it, but really what is the difference vs a rat climbing a wall?

How many times have we cursed trash-pandas?

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Between Singapore & St. Paul, a better than average week in the news.

Less is more.

Posts: 3995 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post