SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    29er Tire: Panaracer FirePro or Driver Pro PR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

29er Tire: Panaracer FirePro or Driver Pro PR Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I have the FireXCPro on my 26" bike and have been happy with the grip and durability of these tires on the trails I frequent. (XC/Trail with hardpack, loose on hardback, sand, pavement, gravel, rock, clay; and sometimes each of these wet). It's not the fastest rolling but I prioritize grip, traction and safety over speed.

The FirePro seems like it's a natural choice for the 29er. BUT, it sounds like this model is made in China. That in itself is discouraging. But also there are mixed reviews (some good, some that say it's not as good as the Japanese made FireXCPro line for 26").

The Driver Pro PR sounds decent, made in Japan. But I'm a little concerned about the tradeoff between fasting rolling and efficacy on the terrain I frequent (not hard core but I want to be safe). Specifically, seems like the middle tread is not very deep / aggressive.

Anybody have any experience with these tires? Any recommendations?

The alternative besides these two may be WTB Trail Boss (next recommendation).

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post