SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thank You MRW!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thank You MRW!!! Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
I commissioned our own MRW to make me a kitchen knife set. I actually received these a few weeks ago and I am remiss in not posting about these knives sooner.
These are simply the finest crafted knives I have ever owned and will certainly last generations.
Believe it or not I have put these absolute work of art knives into storage until our kitchen remodel is done and I can find a suitable place to display them.

Thanks again Michael for the privilege of owning some of your craftsmanship!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Wow!

God bless America.

Posts: 13501 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I'm right there with you when it comes to that feeling; I commissioned the Skinner and have bought three or four since.

He does outstanding work.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Impressive! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice looking set of knives. What steel was used?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Very nice knives.

I have a couple of his knives as well and I am a fan.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the shout out last man. That set came out pretty well, I can’t make much better than that set. The steel is CPM 154 with a cyro treatment right after quench. The cryo makes a big difference in wear resistance. you should not have to sharpen them just use a knfe steel before use. If you want them sharpened send them to me and I will sharpen them. Oh and please never ever put them in a dish washer.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Wow they look nice.
A thumbs up for MRW,fixed me a couple years back with a special knife for a great friends Christmas gift.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Very nice work. It's funny that of all the knives we have available to us these days, the ones we are most likely to use are the kitchen knives.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Good lookin work there Mike!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
mrw,

Those are incredible. I looked at your site and everything looks amazing. We need a good kitchen knife set. All we use are just cheap off the shelf sets that come in a wood block. Frown

Are your near Orlando?

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrw:
Oh and please never ever put them in a dish washer.

A big +1,000. Banging around in the dishwasher will dull the blades and the chemicals in the dishwasher soap will eat away at the handles.

I wash mine by hand with hot soap and water, rinse & dry well and give them a quick couple of passes on the steel before putting them away in the block, ready for the next use.

BTW, beautiful knives Mike.

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Those are some fantastic looking knives!

Are they carbon steel, or stainless?

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:

CPM 154 Stainless Steel

Crucible CPM 154

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
mrw,

I sent you e-mail to the address in your profile.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrw:
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:

CPM 154 Stainless Steel

Crucible CPM 154

Thanks for that info, you do great work.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post