SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Robot cop falls in fountain while on patrol, drowns...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robot cop falls in fountain while on patrol, drowns... Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
I mean, how deeps a fountain?
If Steve were here, he could tell you.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
"Missed it by that much."

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Had to have been something along these lines:

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Come on Steve, awareness of your surroundings! OSHA needs to review his work place hazards, a 2' barrier would have easily prevented this from happening. The robot union needs to demand a living wage for this type of hazardous work.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
"We can't trust the police!"
<builds a f*cking Dalek>

Thank God for stairs. They may be the only thing saving us from the pending robopocalypse.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Steve was pushed!

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Johnny 5 Steve is not

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
zzzztttttt

pffffft

apparently those were Steve's last words...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
SAM the brick laying robot lays 3X bricks per day but requires two assistants and cost $500K. How is this helpful or economically viable?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
SAM the brick laying robot lays 3X bricks per day but requires two assistants and cost $500K. How is this helpful or economically viable?

I agree, but engineers love this stuff. Cuts out workers comp. I guess.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite truisms:

People overestimate how much things can change in one year, yet people underestimate how much things can change in 10!

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Steve 2.0 will be SCUBA operational.

Posts: 2514 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
then things go sideways because of sun glare, a sandbag, a set of stairs

Stairs kept these guys at bay for decades.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Dry the circuits and a quick paint job, and Steve could apply to Miami-Dade:

(Published May 06, 2004 yes, but still)
"NORTH MIAMI – In an attempt to recruit minority officers, the police department in North Miami, Fla., has dropped swimming as a required skill because it says not enough potential black applicants know how to swim well enough to pass the test.

The city's population is 60 percent Haitian and city officials say removing the swimming requirement wasn't done to be politically correct, but to fill 14 vacant slots.

"The bottom line is I need police officers," said North Miami Police Chief Gwendolyn Boyd-Savage (search). "When I look at the qualifications to become a good police officer ... a person's ability to swim or not to swim does not make them a good police officer or a bad police officer."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2...ruit-minorities.html

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Gonna need one big ass bag of rice...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post