SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My soon to be 2017 Ford Escape *Update: Livernois tune installed page 13*
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My soon to be 2017 Ford Escape *Update: Livernois tune installed page 13* Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
We bought a 2013 2.0l Escape brand new it came with Continental Contitrac tires and they were get performing and did just fine in the snow.

Email me your address and I'll send you the performance air filter I have. I don't think they have changed the air of for 2017.

Thanks for the offer, not sure what I am doing yet.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
I have Michelin Pilot AS3s on my Mazda 6 that are my 3 season tires.

They have seen light snow in the transition months and do quite well.

They track extremely well in the wet and handle very well in the dry.

The Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ is supposed to offer better snow driving that the Pilot A/S 3.
Something to do with adding something to the rubber compounds.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It was difficult to get ratings on sidewall stiffness, or I am not real good at searching the net.
I went down to the local tire store to ask.

The A/S 3+ has a stiff sidewall, and stiffer than the Premier LTX.
The only thing negative thing they could come up with was that I would suffer a slight decrease in ride comfort.

Geez, I drive an X5 Sport with low profile Michelin Diamaris tires. How bad could it be?

If I want one of the best tires for steering response, the A/S 3+ should fit the bill.
I will be on 18in rims and the size will be 235/50/18. I should be OK. That's a lot of sidewall.

I get the normal response from people of just drive it and when the tires wear, then replace them.

Given my health I don't have time to drive around waiting for things to wear out.
I will end up improving and modding this Escape so it needs to be done pronto so I can have the most time possible to enjoy it.

Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Ford makes a Kuga in Europe that is basically an Escape.
Over there, and this year, an ST line Kuga suspension is available.
I am looking to buy and import that if possible.
If not, maybe just the ST line thicker sway bars then.

Over on the Escape forum, some say there is a Ford dealer with a performance tune for the 2.0L Ecoboost.
lbj, have you seen this?

The RS Badge Might Be Coming To A Ford Crossover Near You

It's vague, and I'm aware of your condition. Still hoping you'll be around for a good while, yet.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I put Pirelli P7 Cinturon (sp) on my Nissan. They were very nice for all seasons. I'm guessing you might encounter a snow squall about anytime.

There were certain pavement types that they were loud on though, other types dead silent. I'd buy them again.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Yes, noise can be problematic.

The RS huh?
Yes, the Kuga is Europe's Escape.
Over there, they have a Kuga 1.5L and 2.0L diesel that has the ST line of suspension parts.
That would be shocks, struts and sway bars. It would lower the car about 9mm, or 3/8in.

I am still looking to see if I can import those parts but I am already encountering problems.

Kuga... sounds like someone on the east coast saying "cougar"... kooga.

I would love to put those Kuga ST line parts on and coupled with Michelin A/S 3+ tires, that would make my Escape quite sporty and more in line with what I am used to.
If I could do that and get a racing tune for the 2.0L Ecoboost, that would be something.

I suppose it could be said everything here is dreaming, ie mental masturbation, but it's what I do.

posted Hide Post
Good for you and your new vehicle. Hope you are getting a good price.
Enjoy it. At one time, my sister, her daughter, my son and daughter and daughters father-in-law all had Escapes.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go for something a bit sportier if you want but come winter, toss on snow tires. I've always been a bit skeptical about needing them with AWD but my employer has a couple front drive VWs we use for customer trips and I was in Jersey for a trip two weeks ago during that big storm and while I watched SUVs with AWD/4WD struggle to even get out of the hotel lot, I backed right out and was on my way and the only reason was because of the snow tires.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
A lot of people consider the 2l basically an suv version of the focus st. An rs would be awesome.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the suspension parts, I'd go aftermarket. Not sure who makes what for an escape but would be looking at SVT, Steeda, Saleen or Eibach if anyone makes suspension parts over factory ford if I was looking for better handling.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It is tough finding aftermarket shocks.

Normally I would want the usually stiff KYBs.
However, their catalog only shows fronts available, nothing for the rears.
I emailed them to ask about this.

Koni offers nothing and it is hard to figure out the Bilstien angle.
A Monroe will not yield the stiffness I want.

At least I decided on the tires... Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. I really think super tires will improve the vehicle dramatically, it always has for me in the past.

The Escape is as much a car as it is an SUV, so those tires should do really well.
I have the 18in wheels, so a 235/50/18 will have a decent enough flex of the sidewall of the Michelin's stiff sidewall.
If I were running 19s, ride quality would probably suffer greatly, like riding on rocks.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
KYB is out, they only offer front struts mounts.
Very strange.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I wonder how different the Range Rover suspension is?
http://www.pureevoque.com/susp...ries-2012-p-448.html

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
KYB is out, they only offer front struts mounts.
Very strange.

I would imagine if you have the stock specs for length that they have something that could be used, just wasn't "designed" with the Escape/MKC line in mind.

The part number for rear shocks is Part Number: 18125(ASH-24677) using that with an aftermarket company vs model might turn up an option where they have a shock for another vehicle that uses the same ford shock as the escape. That PN is the same for 17,18 and 19 inch rims from the factory

http://www.fordparts.com/Comme...ord&mo=Escape#Search

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I've had pretty good luck in the past calling Bilstein and discussing what I was looking for prior to purchasing it. They have helped me out on a couple of customer set-ups a time or two.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Seeing as you're a valued customer of Shelby, have you perhaps called them up to see what they might have done to one of these, or can suggest for you in terms or equipment or sources?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Bilstein is out, I just talked with them.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Is it too late to buy a different vehicle? If the mods you'd like to do aren't available, maybe you are buying the wrong vehicle. When my wife decided she wanted an Odyssey, I started looking for mods for it. There aren't any. Now that the kids aren't in car seats, I'm looking at other vehicles. The Focus RS looks interesting. We need a car that seats 5 otherwise I'd be looking at a Mustang.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
A lot of people consider the 2l basically an suv version of the focus st. An rs would be awesome.

The RS is phenomenal so far.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I thought about getting one, I wish they would offer it with an st body kit.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post