SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My soon to be 2017 Ford Escape *Update: Livernois tune installed page 13*
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My soon to be 2017 Ford Escape *Update: Livernois tune installed page 13* Login/Join 
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Just a couple more days!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is getting close.

I printed up the window sticker and taped it to the side of one of the kitchen cabinets.
I can gaze over at it while on the net.

I have been thinking about the wheels.
It is coming with a fan type wheel and some other styles are offered.
Typically it seems that if a wheel looks good standing still, it doesn't look good running down the road.
The ones it is coming with don't look super good standing still but look really good going down the road.

Argh!

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31423 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
These are our summer wheels for the fusion.

I really like them. They look good running down the road, and still. PLUS, they're easy to clean.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Yeah, those look easier to clean than the ones I am getting.

Mine will be painted, so I won't make the teenage mistake of using the wrong cleaner on them.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I presume you got the paddle shifters they are fun however a bit small imho, I think you'll be surprised how quick it is stock the titanium ford is very nice, however coming from a Beemer I'm interested in why you didn't get the Lincoln mkc.

After looking at both we went with the Lincoln, the interior materials and design just looked and felt a bit better, plus the Lincoln has the push button trans vs the center stick on the ford.

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I think the Escapes look a bit sportier than the Lincolns and seem a little smaller.
As far as the interior, I liked the more complicated and busy dash layout of the Escape.

I did like the 2.3T in the Lincoln.
With the Livernois tune, my 2.0T should run right with it.

According to research, the Lincolns run 6.5 sec 0-60 and the Escape at 7.1.
I am counting on the added 55HP from the tune to improve things a bit.

My 2004 X5 runs 7.1 0-60 and it's good enough.
Therefore, for acceleration, the Escape should do just fine.

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:

I really like them. They look good running down the road, and still. PLUS, they're easy to clean.

Nice rims.

Most rims are clear coated today. I've started waxing my wheels and fins they are much easier to clean.

Started a few years ago when I did a brake job and put on new calibers on my car. Since the wheels where off I took a little extra time to clean them very good and then put a few coats of wax on them.

They are much easier to clean and I use aggressive pads that wear quicker then some.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16395 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... been following this thread and checking out reviews etc ...

That extra 55hp makes up for performance difference between the Titanium and the Lincoln MKC.

MKC - 285hp/305 lb-ft
Titanium - 245hp/275 lb-ft

Sticking to 93 octane, or whatever passes for higher octane, in your area?

I'm digging this. Wheels and tires, excellent thinking.

Re-thinking the CX-3/CX-5 next choice. Always liked the concept of the little car big engine ... a V8 in the AC Ace (Cobra); or a AH bugeye sprite with a Jaguar v-12 which is just plain, well, ridiculous let alone un-survivable.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I am at 5000ft and 91 is all that is available up here.

Livernois is insisting a 55HP gain for sea level.
Yeah, 300HP at the flywheel should work.

I may void the drivetrain warranty sooner than I thought.

It's coming with 18in wheels.
19s are available and the rolling circumference with the tires is the same.
I worry about the lower profile 19s in the snow.
Shelby American told me that 18s are better for handling and track than 19s, so I think I will stay at 18s.
But which ones?
I will wait and see if the stock ones work for me first.

However, based on the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ I put on my daughter's Escape last Saturday, the same will go on mine.
I was out with her today and her Escape corners and rides wonderfully. It does have a little hum on the highway, but not much.
Stability first, you know?

It's hard to believe, but I have had so much time prior to delivery, I have read the owners manual.

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
300 horse, 3700 lbs (AWD).

How far away is Pikes Peak? Smile

And ... you've read the owner's manual?

You should be elected to the Ford Escape club's technical VP at the next round of voting!

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
A Livernois tune, the transmission in sport mode, and Michelin 235/50/18 A/S 3+ tires, I really think my Escape should be decent.
If I can find a stiffer shock, then I will have everything I need.

If I am dreaming, then I would love to import the Kuga ST sway bars, shocks, and steering rack.
But it isn't a perfect world.

Then again, it comes with a 5 thousand dollar rebate, so not bad.
I think it's a lot of car for the money.

posted Hide Post
Putting together what you want is a major rush !
Exploring what it does after you get it is another joy!
Be sure to show the smile on your face after your first drive, and another after you feel it is ready and turn it loose drive!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I am excited for you! We ordered my wife's car a a year or two back, worked out well.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I'm excited to hear your review of the new SYNC system. I've been considering upgrading at least my truck to the new one. The 2016 SYNC is good, better than any other in-dash system I've used previously (including BMW as of 2013, GMC 2016, and Audi 2015). The 2017 SYNC appears light years ahead of the version I have.

From what I've read, I can outfit my 2016 vehicles for ~$2k.

www.rikrlandvs.com

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:

Nice rims.

Most rims are clear coated today. I've started waxing my wheels and fins they are much easier to clean.

Started a few years ago when I did a brake job and put on new calibers on my car. Since the wheels where off I took a little extra time to clean them very good and then put a few coats of wax on them.

They are much easier to clean and I use aggressive pads that wear quicker then some.

I do clean and wax them regularly. These ones are only mounted for about 5 months a year, and stored (clean) in bags in a temperature controlled garage when not on the vehicle. I do that with all our wheels.

www.rikrlandvs.com

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I presume you got the paddle shifters they are fun however a bit small imho, I think you'll be surprised how quick it is stock the titanium ford is very nice, however coming from a Beemer I'm interested in why you didn't get the Lincoln mkc.

The part I don't like about the paddle shifters is that they rotate with the steering wheel.

In sport mode, the tune is noticeably different...and the paddle shifters make for some fun. It isn't M5 fun, but its at least 535i fun...Wink

www.rikrlandvs.com

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm excited to hear your review of the new SYNC system. I've been considering upgrading at least my truck to the new one. The 2016 SYNC is good, better than any other in-dash system I've used previously (including BMW as of 2013, GMC 2016, and Audi 2015). The 2017 SYNC appears light years ahead of the version I have.

From what I've read, I can outfit my 2016 vehicles for ~$2k.

Having Sync2 in our Flex & Sync3 in my F150, I much prefer Sync3, especially since the V2.2 update which enabled Android Auto.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15289 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
I talked with the dealer today.
It's on the rail to Cheyenne and then Denver.

The date they have for delivery is May 23rd, but it may be sooner.

Did you get a railway phone number and code? Ford provided me with that info and I was able to track all the different stops and switching yards - this was outside the Ford system. I was quite surprised the route it took to get to the final rail yard and transfer to a delivery truck to the dealer.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Something to consider,

For the first time in my life and after owning over 20 cars, trucks and SUVs, my son convinced me to tint the windows in my new black Mazda 3 Hatchback. I did 20% in the backs and hatch and 35% in the fronts.

I like it. $180 out the door and a quality install.

From the inside, the tint is good in the day and in the night, plus it makes us old geezers look cool.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The car was delivered to Spradley Barr Ford in Fort Collins this afternoon.
As far as dealers go, they seem better than most.
I have bought 2 other cars from them in the past. My Mustang GT, youngest daughter's Escape. And now my Escape.
I did go by there and saw it. It looks great.

I will pick it up on Monday after the dealer inspects it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lbj,