SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My soon to be 2017 Ford Escape *Update: Livernois tune installed page 13*
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My soon to be 2017 Ford Escape *Update: Livernois tune installed page 13* Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
In my experience to have a noticeable improvement in sportiness I suggest buying 20" wheels with the next size wider tire if it fits without issues. I had both 18" and 20" for the same SUV and that is noticeable, the car handles much better, less dip on turns but bumps and road noise are also worse with the 20"
I have the stock latitude 18" on my murano, I would say it's the quietest car I've ever driven so I do not think the latitude is a loud tire. I have the premier LTX on a larger SUV but just switched to them not too long ago. That tire is also quiet and handeling is slightly better than the factory Bridgestone, rain ok, haven't been in snow yet.

Posts: 214 | Registered: May 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I just checked with Ford online and my car has been built and is awaiting shipment.

Welcome back to the Ford Order Tracking System. "Awaiting Shipment" means your vehicle has been built and we are arranging shipment to your dealer. This step could take a few days to a week.

1FMCU9J90HUD93534

http://www.cotusb.ford.com/

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The Window Sticker.
We used to call them Maroni stickers.

posted Hide Post
The sticker was named after a senator:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroney_sticker

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Active Grill Shutters

Had to google that. Pretty cool how it can increase MPG.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Very nice!! And they threw in a front license plate bracket at no charge!! Aren't you special!! Big Grin

Now, I'm passing through Louisville next weekend on my way to Chicago for the week of the 15th. If your Escape hasn't shipped by then, I can see about swinging by the factory & taking a picture! Wink

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Grab the keys and call me, I will be on the first flight out.

posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new purchase! We have a base model Escape at work for a company vehicle and I love driving it a lot more than the Camry Hybrid it replaced.

I ordered a Mustang GT in the summer of 2015, and it came in December 2015 as a 2016 model. The wait KILLED me. It took from mid August to December 1.

Ford has REALLY stepped up their game.

I see you've got the navigation, which means you've got Sync 3. Wonderful system. I'm very excited for you.

Ask your dealer to save the window sticker for you. Mine did for me.

Posts: 1179 | Registered: June 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always wondered just what "Destination and Delivery" is. Are they charging $895 to deliver that particular vehicle to the dealership? Because if it is, I'd like to know how they figure it costs nearly a thousand dollars per car to transport them.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've always wondered just what "Destination and Delivery" is. Are they charging $895 to deliver that particular vehicle to the dealership? Because if it is, I'd like to know how they figure it costs nearly a thousand dollars per car to transport them.

It's a flat fee, and mandated by law (sort of). The amount is usually the same across the board, anywhere in the country.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm driving a Government Motors truck now, but boy do I miss the keypad on the driver's door from my old F-150! Looks like it's gonna be a sweet ride, lbj.

Don't see curb finders, you got some ordered?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
And a pull out baby changing table.

The sticker looks normal to me.
Yep, time for that new car to enter service.

Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
They charged you $1345 for an engine?? ;-)

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Sweet

What is an easy fuel capless filler??

Optional Equipment?
Front License Plate Holder?
I thought it was the law to display two plates.
At least it was free. Big Grin

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
No gas cap.
Open fuel door, add fuel.

My Mustang is that way, it seems to work well.

Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
No gas cap.
Open fuel door, add fuel.

My Mustang is that way, it seems to work well.

Thanks.

I wonder if it is approved in California.

One of the requirements during you emissions tests after the vehicle is four years old in California is they screw your gas cap onto the adapter on the machine and check for leakage.

I guess they could just pull up a failed seal code in the engine ECM instead.

I am sure they will add a charge for that. This is California. Razz

I wonder if the engine will even start and you can drive away if you leave the fuel door open.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
NICE!

I bet those .18" wheels are gonna ride rough, and kill your ground clearance too.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12351 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
A member asked about the upgrade charge regarding the engine.
The 1.6L is standard, so I paid extra to get the 2.0L.

They offer 19s as well and I suppose I could do 17s.
No matter what diameter wheel Ford offers, the rolling circumference stays the same based on the tire sizes they offer.
Therefore, the ride height remains the same no matter the diameter.

I think it should roll smooth with 235/50/18s.
There is decent sidewall present.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
Sweet

What is an easy fuel capless filler??

Optional Equipment?
Front License Plate Holder?
I thought it was the law to display two plates.
At least it was free. Big Grin

Many states in the South only require a rear license plate. Some people really dislike the empty front license plate holder stuck on the front bumper and don't even want it installed.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
I'm driving a Government Motors truck now, but boy do I miss the keypad on the driver's door from my old F-150! Looks like it's gonna be a sweet ride, lbj.

Don't see curb finders, you got some ordered?

What really got me on delivery fees was before I decided on the Grand Cherokee I looked at a Toyota 4Runner and Tundra as well. The 4Runner is built in Japan so it has to take a boat ride to get here. Destination fee is $995. Tundra is built in Texas and destination is $1,195. How does that work? haha

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post