SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My soon to be 2017 Ford Escape *Update: Livernois tune installed page 13*
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My soon to be 2017 Ford Escape *Update: Livernois tune installed page 13* Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
Thanks for the review.

The key to working the tailgate sensor is to kick your foot straight forward and not side to side.

I've been doing side to side, I will try your method, thanks.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31422 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Looks good I'm interested to see how the tune works out for you, will you get it dyno'd before and after the upload, if only to confirm how much and where the improvement comes in.

I've chipped a few Harleys and My Corvette since I put NOS on it, on the HD had them dyno'd so I'd be able to see the difference.

I thought about doing the MKC but it's damn quick the way it is, heck I barely was on the throttle and it was up to 60 MPH in a 45 zone before you knew it, smooth as can be...

I agree the steering is quick, small inputs mean quick response, you have to get used to it to be smooth otherwise it can be twitchy, same with the brakes, they are very good.

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I am not going the dyno route to see the gains.
I will just do the seat feel thing.

I am loving the car but it does need stiffer shocks and there does not seem to be anything available.

If I could figure out a way to get Ford of Europe to let go of the Kuga/Escape ST suspension, sway bars and steering rack, I'd be all set.

If anyone has contacts and a way to get such done, that would be great.
I'll play the death card if that will help.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Have you considered having the vehicle ceramic coated instead of doing just the clear bra??
The ceramic coating can be a little pricey but it will protect the entire vehicle and for the most part washing the vehicle becomes nothing more than rinsing it off with a foam cannon and not much scrubbing.

As for the suspension parts, I highly enjoy traveling around Europe. Fund my trip and I'll gladly bring the parts back for you Razz

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I could figure out a way to get Ford of Europe to let go of the Kuga/Escape ST suspension, sway bars and steering rack, I'd be all set.

Have you tried UK's Ebay? Looks like they have all sorts of those parts available there. I'm sure they'll ship.

ebay.co.uk

I use this method for lock parts not available here in the US for high end European safes.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I was able to get the Michelin A/S 3+ tires installed and they are really good and better than the Latitudes that came with it.

The clear bra was installed yesterday.
I went with Expel Ultimate self healing.
We did a 6 inch lateral strip on the front of the hood.
Also, the mirrors, the headlights and the front bumper back to the first seam where it attaches left and right were done.
Price was 475 dollars and only took 2 hours.

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
So true.

I went to the dealer today to get some more photographs.

... catching up on your Escape journey.

That is one nice color, wheels ...!

All looks fantastic.

Congrats ... now go drive another 400 miles, in search of a soy covfefe and a nanaimo ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Though the wheels are rather common on Escape Titanium models, they are really growing on me and I like them.

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Though the wheels are rather common on Escape Titanium models, they are really growing on me and I like them.

They look good motionless and in motion ...

+1 Smile

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
For the money, the Escape is a good value.
I am glad I got it.

If only there were at least some some stiffer shocks available for it.
Geez.

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
You might give Vorshlag a call - they do Focus stuff and may be able to do something for the Escape

https://vorshlag-store.com/col...cus-st-rs-suspension

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
I filled out a contact form with my questions regarding suspension upgrades.

Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
We have the same rims on our Escape. Really pops with the Black color she picked out.

On thing that isn't often noted on these is the interior accent lighting. I've driven older vehicles with LCD screens and find them very distracting at night. With the accent lighting, it helps to soften the feel of the screens, and doesn't draw my attention. And, as it is all below the knees, it's not detrimental to my night vision at all.

As for the tailgate kick... try to kick straight forward and back near the 2nd from the right parking sensor. That seems to be the sweet spot for me.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that you like your Escape.
I have never been disappointed with any of the new vehicles I have owned.
Oh, yes, maybe with one or two things, except for the 1970 Dodge Challenger RT I bought new. Fast, but unreliable. One problem after another.
My new 1999 Ford Ranger 3.0 was a little doggy, but otherwise very good.
Keep us informed on your suspension quest.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Vorshlag emailed me back and said they checked with their suppliers and
nothing is available in the way of upgrades to suspension components for current Escape models.

Darn.

Perhaps a member in Europe can be of help regarding the 2017 Kuga ST suspension parts.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Out of nowhere this morning, I made the decision to use my Livernois tune kit to install a 91 octane tune on my 2017 2.0L Escape Titanium.
91 is the best we do for premium here in Colorado at 5000ft.
Currently, I have about 850 miles on my Escape.

I bought the tune kit from Livernois even before my car came in from my factory order.
The instructions were simple, I installed the program on my computer, I plugged the tune unit into the Escape get certain ECU and Strategy codes and things which I then sent to Anthony at Livernois.
Once the tunes were ready, I hooked up my tune unit to my computer and it auto found the tunes from Livernois and downloaded them.
There tuner holds 4 custom tunes as well as a copy of one's stock tune, so I ordered an 89, 91 and 93 performance tunes.
Because there was one space left open, Livernois included a more aggressive race type feel 91 tune as well, so I have 2 91 octance performance tunes.

Install was easy and took about 10 minutes.

I went for an initial test drive and all I can say is wow, this tune really woke the car up.
The low end RPMs have much better acceleration than before.
It runs smooth as silk too.
I haven't tried sport mode yet but man, what a difference.
Right now I am on Cloud 9.

The tune also changed the exhaust sound somewhat when wide open and the note is more pleasing than before.
I did hear a slight whistle at redline once when I was on it hard.
I think that may have been the waste gate opening on the turbo, but I am no expert.

I am not sure yet if I am going to do the 160 thermostat at this time. I am going to watch the operating temperature, but my feeling is that the 160 thermostat is more for the ultra performance guys who are trying to eliminate as much heat soak as possible.
As I say, I think I will wait on the cooler thermostat for now.
I don't run hard very often so we will see.

Yes, the Livernois performance tune definitely wakes up the car and there is no doubt in my mind I am quicker than before.
My guess is that can run a sub 6.5 sec 0-60 at sea level, it feels that much quicker.
But the sound the engine makes? Way better than before too.

By the way, apparently Livernois is the only one doing 2017 Escape tunes.
I contacted SCT and Unleashed Tuning, and SCT is no longer supporting any software for 2017 Escapes, so for now, Livernois is it.

I am loving my new tune.
Yes, it does feel like I have gained the 55HP Livernois claims.
That means my Escape is right at 300HP.
Nice.

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Your tune sounds pretty cool, have fun. Bummer on the Vorshlag, hopefully you can find someone to do suspension work. If I ever see any others I will drop it in.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, the 160F thermostat is so you can run more boost or timing or both on a turbo or supercharger motor without detonation. Same thing with steel versus aluminum cylinder heads....aluminum allow you to run more boost and timing on the same motor as the aluminum disapates the combustion heat much faster than steel. If the tune calls for the thermostat, install it. The lower coolant temp keeps the cylinder heads a little cooler so they disappate combustion heat a little faster and can run more boost or more timing and not get into detonation.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I have the thermostat on hand as well as a Wednesday appointment to install it.

Livernois recommends it but said I'd be OK without it.
I think I will put it on but fuel mileage will suffer.
I guess a 300HP 4 Banger is stressed a bit, so cooler probably means less wear.

I did need to put the tune on first prior to the thermostat because I am told the factory setup will error code the lower temperature and cut power thinking something is wrong.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I had the cooler thermostat put on today.

Someone hit me upside the head and wipe that grin off my face every time I accelerate.

I am simply loving this tune.
Look out world, The Great Escape is on steroids. Big Grin