SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paging USPS folks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paging USPS folks Login/Join 
Picture of dlc444
posted
The wife purchased a needlepoint belt canvas to sew for the eldest son for his 21st birthday. The hand-painted canvas was $150 and the thread was another $80. I would say there was at least 40 hours of time to do her thing.

She sent it off to get finished, insured for $300 and guess what... It's lost. It has been out for delivery since 3/23.

She has the postage receipt, but the post office in Palm Beach will not answer their phone. Any time of day, it rings for 10 minutes straight. The local folks are no help either.

What is the next step????

Thanks

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Report to Postal inspectors?

Posts: 371 | Location: The once great state of California | Registered: November 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I don't work for the USPS but just spent 1.5 hours on the phone with them today. Call 1-800-275-8777 and give them your tracking info. I was told the packages have a GPS tracking when they are scanned so they should be able to track/scan where the package is.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Purchased a plain large sebenza on bladeforums, it was shipped internationally. Has showed it has been at my local distribution center since 3/26, so I finally got in touch with someone over there. Turns out my mail carrier's truck burned to the ground, with my f'ing knife in it, last week. Now to try and get the seller to work out insurance from his international carrier. Good times.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 94hokie:
Turns out my mail carrier's truck burned to the ground, with my f'ing knife in it, last week.

Your mail carrier must have wanted that knife (or some other item) real bad to burn a truck up....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post