SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pimento cheese sandwiches
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pimento cheese sandwiches Login/Join 
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Both Costco and Aldi offer Jalapeno versions that are tasty and cheap. Just depends on whether you want a pint or a gallon.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
Homemade pimento cheese with sharp cheddar and a bit of Tabasco FTW!

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5282 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Spread some mayonaise and parmesian cheese on two slices of bread. Put the slices mayo down in a hot pan, put pimento cheese on top, a nice thick slice of tomato, two strips of bacon, slap them together to form a grilled pimento cheese sandwich, and you have an AMAZING slice of heaven in your mouth.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Dang! I found a 10 oz tub of excellent pimento cheese in one of my stores today, “Queen Charlotte's Pimento Cheese”. In particular, this variety:

HER ROYAL HOTNESS (Jalapeño Pimento Cheese)

Would be good on sandwiches, but I had it on Kellogg’s Club Crackers. There are several other varieties but I’ll stick with the Jalapeño. I find many prepared pimento cheese spreads to be too sweet, but this one doesn’t have that fault.

Manufacturer’s web site:
http://www.qccheese.com/about

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Bleah.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31440 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I tried a brand made with jalepeno and it was just too hot. I love this stuff.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May go to Harris Teeter or Food Lion to look for the Queen Charlotte's offering. Recently on a road trip, I stopped at an NC burger place, ordered the pimento cheese burger. Most excellent. The cheese spread I normally pick up has increased in price about $2 this year. Frown

ETA; Harris Teeter locally had only the jalapeno Queen Charlotte's. I picked up a tub of it (they only had two), and one tub of the house brand. Trying it out tonight on a hamburger.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rat2306,

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I like My Three Sons spicy white brand.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
My Mother loved it but I can't stand that stuff.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I was served pimento cheese on a hot dog at Isle of Palms, SC one year on vacation:

Posts: 33806 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Episode: "Pimento"

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
May go to Harris Teeter or Food Lion to look for the Queen Charlotte's offering. Recently on a road trip, I stopped at an NC burger place, ordered the pimento cheese burger. Most excellent. <snip>

The “Queen Charlotte's jalapeño Pimento Cheese” that I described in my post, a few above, is made in Charlotte, NC (hence, the name). It appears that NC is the epicenter of the Pimento Cheese business. Smile

BTW – the jalapeño provides a wonderful flavor, but it’s mild enough on the SHU scale that most can enjoy it.

BTW2 – my next home made smash burger will have jalapeño pimento cheese on it. Thanks for that idea!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^As mentioned in the video clip, pimento cheese is the "caviar of the South". Planning to hit HT or the Lion tomorrow. The name of the burger chain I hit that trip was Hwy 55 Burgers. Mostly a NC thing, but they have a lone store in the Lone Star State in a town called Ennis.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
High School 1970-73 took Mom made lunches. The sandwich rotation was mostly...

Pimento cheese
Banana, some with peanut butter
Bacon
Bologna

With a 10¢ Pepsi from the vending machine.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gallo Pazzesco
posted Hide Post
We make the best pimento cheese in South Carolina. Low Country pimento cheese is especially hard to beat.

Pimentio cheese is a right of passion and family tradition around these parts.

FWIW Augusta National is about thirty minutes from me, been to The Masters many many many times ... and they claim to have the best pimento cheese sandwiches ($1.50) there are ... and they are good but, not the best. They use white Wonder Bread for theirs which a lot of Southern Moms will tell you is the key to a good pimento cheese sammich.

Posts: 104 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: September 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post