SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US forces dropped a Moab bomb in combat for the first time today.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US forces dropped a Moab bomb in combat for the first time today. Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
After eight years of Barney Fife in charge, there's a new Sheriff in Town.

Walker...Texas Ranger.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why do I hear Slim Pickens' voice when I see that picture??? Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Perhaps a small point, but isn't it nice to hear the Administration calling them "ISIS" instead of Obama's the Muslim sympathizer's preferred "ISIL"?

A-FREAKIN'-MEN!!!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I think that Donald Trump and his top military advisers believe that N.Korea is the biggest threat that we face. And that Kim Jung-un must be stopped. The tomahawks into Syria had their tactical purpose there, but I think they were a clear message to N.Korea and China. In the same way, the MOAB had its tactical purpose in Afghanistan, but it too, I think, was meant to let Kim know in no uncertain terms that the colossal might of the United States is no longer muzzled. It's not just that we might drop a MOAB-- or four or five of them-- on his ass, but he better not think that he knows what President Donald Trump will or will not do-- and that includes nukes.

I think that this afternoon a brick dropped out the cuff of Kim's trousers, proving that that old saying is actually literally true.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

I agree.

The useful show of force extends "From the Halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli".

Or as Buzz Lightyear sez: "To Infinity, AND BEYOND!"

America has long legs, long arms, the willingness and ability to bring it.

And doing things this way, allows the use of lesser force, accomplish goals, and send a message that provides ample time for NK to consider the continued belligerence.

And the world as well.

If America hits NK, it will have been after other means were exhausted and not like they had no idea the "stop", means "stop".

And very little outcry so far, from much of anyone.

Even Russia's comes off as lip service.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I think that Donald Trump and his top military advisers believe that N.Korea is the biggest threat that we face. And that Kim Jung-un must be stopped. The tomahawks into Syria had their tactical purpose there, but I think they were a clear message to N.Korea and China. In the same way, the MOAB had its tactical purpose in Afghanistan, but it too, I think, was meant to let Kim know in no uncertain terms that the colossal might of the United States is no longer muzzled. It's not just that we might drop a MOAB-- or four or five of them-- on his ass, but he better not think that he knows what President Donald Trump will or will not do-- and that includes nukes.

I think that this afternoon a brick dropped out the cuff of Kim's trousers, proving that that old saying is actually literally true.

"You kill a chicken to frighten the monkeys." Sun Tzu

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think the statement has been made:

It's not going to be business as usual anymore.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by modestglock26:
If they can make one of these that also contains glitter, I would happily contribute whatever taxes were needed to make that happen.

^^^^^Hilarious! Big Grin

Yeah, send all the jihadis (the ones who survive, anyway) home deaf and looking like they spent the last month in a stripper joint. . .

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump's message to the despots of the world seems to be that he isn't going to waste time with buttons that say "reset", his button says "launch"

I like it.

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
If they can make one of these that also contains glitter, I would happily contribute whatever taxes were needed to make that happen.

https://shipyourenemiesglitter.com/

They offer several types of glitter bombs, as well as a bag of dicks (gummy candy) to eat.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
MOAB video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9H50tHiHjs

GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast

most powerful non-nuclear bomb made so far

Posts: 19561 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

https://shipyourenemiesglitter.com/

They offer several types of glitter bombs, as well as a bag of dicks (gummy candy) to eat.

I've seen those. I would just love to see one on this level, mixed with sand. Can you imagine that hell?

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's me at the AF Armament Museum on Eglin AFB:

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
It's amazing what adding 21% powdered aluminum can do to a cast explosive as far as shock duration. Love that afterburn!

Anyone in those tunnels know has lungs that look like shredded sponges on the inside.

Have fun with that!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Even Russia's comes off as lip service.

And I'm thinking Vlad is running around trying to kill someone to prove he's still the most masculine man around.

There's a new sheriff in town, and he's not afraid to drop a MOAB.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Pretty sure the NKs know that MOAB cannot be deployed in their theater though.

Any weapon that deploys from a 130 cannot be used in high threat environments (SAM/AAA infested and contested airspace) - MOAB, AC-130 gunship.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
So if you used one of those things to weaponize glitter, what would be the glitter's lethal radius?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
5 miles.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
5 miles.

I think you are ignoring the secondary and tertiary spread of the glitter. There is no limit to the sparkling devestation.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by festus haggen:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Candy gram for ISIS...

Big Grin

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4571 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
5 FABULOUS miles.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4571 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post