SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US forces dropped a Moab bomb in combat for the first time today.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US forces dropped a Moab bomb in combat for the first time today. Login/Join 
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Those things aren't cheap ($14,600,000 ea. plus shipping charges).

No shipping if you use Amazon Prime.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
IIRC, we dropped the predecessor to the MOAB during the Gulf War and the Brits thought we had dropped a tactical nuke.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Thats a big mother lubber...

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
They say that the best weapon is the one that you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree! I prefer... the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it... and it's worked out pretty well so far.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Would love to see the crater ...

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Our enemies and allies alike are beginning to take notice that this POTUS actually possesses a nutsack!

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Man, I want to see the video!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
"When you care enough to send the very best!" Smile

Bruce

My thoughts exactly. Hearing this today put a big smile on my face.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Would love to see the crater ...

I expect we'll see BDA photos Smile

300 meters wide... wow. Over three football fields across. I wonder how deep?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Those things aren't cheap ($14,600,000 ea. plus shipping charges).

No shipping if you use Amazon Prime.
Yes, but then we'd have to wait 2 weeks for it to ship, and USPS would probably deliver it to the wrong location or lose it...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13953 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
satisfaction guaranteed or your next one is free

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
How is that effective against caves and tunnels? Does it suck the air out and suffocate the occupants?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd say that thing "goes to 11..."

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
How is that effective against caves and tunnels? Does it suck the air out and suffocate the occupants?

Probably the shock wave just colapses them in place...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
MEXICO!!

The SPIDER is in Mexico.

Unless... the bastages are spreading in Afghanistan.

haha - very good.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
satisfaction guaranteed or your next one is free

Send them another for free, just to make sure they are satisfied.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Candy gram for ISIS...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Candy gram for ISIS...

Big Grin

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 368 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:

I'd guess that's a significant seismic event locally.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

press release fm US Forces - Afghanistan

https://twitter.com/CENTCOM/st...305484439552/photo/1

just a little obstacle reduction

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post