SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cleaning the coffee Machine heating plate advise
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cleaning the coffee Machine heating plate advise Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Hi,
Silly question: What should i use to clean the heating plate of my Machine? A free drops of coffee always fall on it AND cooks when i remove the pot. I noticed it turned into a Crust in some spots AND would like to clean it properly without further damaging the already beat up plate.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
For the flat enameled plate like the Bunn coffeemakers that we used at work I would soak paper towel in water and wipe it down while it was hot. That seemed to do the trick.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8096 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth. Couple tablespoons of salt with hot water does wonders to clean the inside of the pot itself. Just fill half way and swirl to let the salt do the work.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
If it's hard crusty, wet a rag in HOT water and place it on top of the crusty mess. Leave it alone, let it work for awhile. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Posts: 11836 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Great answers, thank you guys.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Vinegar. If it has a lip and will retain liquid, put enough to cover the plate and leave it for like and hour and then wipe it up. Otherwise, use the soaked paper towel/rag trick for an hour before cleaning.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Vinegar

nice and hot

Posts: 22891 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post