SIGforum
Cleaning the coffee Machine heating plate advise

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9030025054

December 06, 2018, 06:49 PM
0-0
Cleaning the coffee Machine heating plate advise
Hi,
Silly question: What should i use to clean the heating plate of my Machine? A free drops of coffee always fall on it AND cooks when i remove the pot. I noticed it turned into a Crust in some spots AND would like to clean it properly without further damaging the already beat up plate.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20
December 06, 2018, 08:32 PM
shovelhead
For the flat enameled plate like the Bunn coffeemakers that we used at work I would soak paper towel in water and wipe it down while it was hot. That seemed to do the trick.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)
December 06, 2018, 08:37 PM
Ronin1069
For what it's worth. Couple tablespoons of salt with hot water does wonders to clean the inside of the pot itself. Just fill half way and swirl to let the salt do the work.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
December 06, 2018, 10:14 PM
OKCGene
If it's hard crusty, wet a rag in HOT water and place it on top of the crusty mess. Leave it alone, let it work for awhile. Rinse and repeat as necessary.
December 07, 2018, 05:48 AM
0-0
Great answers, thank you guys.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20
December 07, 2018, 08:18 AM
Jimbo Jones
Vinegar. If it has a lip and will retain liquid, put enough to cover the plate and leave it for like and hour and then wipe it up. Otherwise, use the soaked paper towel/rag trick for an hour before cleaning.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.
December 07, 2018, 12:01 PM
smschulz
quote:
Vinegar

nice and hot