SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Climategate 10 Years Later
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Climategate 10 Years Later Login/Join 
Picture of ridewv
posted
https://www.intellectualtakeou...1G7hBGgFkqWy3a7azd-Y

I'm getting the feeling that the global warming crisis in the minds of many has finally peaked. Don't get me wrong it's still out there and it's huge, but it doesn't seem to be the prevalent topic of conversation that it was 10 years ago. Any of you notice this as well?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Most polls show climate change is far down on the list of priority for most voters. Its politics. I have to admit the climate change folks are clever in one aspect. When you look at other crisis' in the past they all have a beginning, middle, and end. Ozone hole. CFC's banned and that's the end. Alar banned and that ended the movement. There is a whole pile of causes that began and ended. Climate Change has been structured to have no ending. Hot, cold, dry, wet, more hurricanes, less hurricanes, more snow, less snow ect. It all proves climate change, but that ultimately amounts to their undoing. Most reasonable people view this tactic as bull cookies.

We live in a very large non-linear system that is very hard to model. Most of the climate change studies are computer models. Other proxy studies are an interesting snapshot of a time of a small area. A huge amount of inflation needs to occur to claim any of these studies suggest any global trend. Dr. Mann's famous research comes from six tree in California. We also have direct measurement as well but these are not saying what they want said so they we get endless stories and accusations that this data is fiddled with. This does not sound like "science" to me.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Well stated goose. LOL they have everything covered after they changed from global warming to "climate change".

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
LOL they have everything covered after they changed from global warming to "climate change".

Exactly ... why get bogged down with only one climate direction when you can blame someone both ways? Eek

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was bound to happen. People would either lose interest or, if they were right by some odd chance, we'd all be dead.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
Any of you notice this as well?
You can only promise people the end of the world so many times before people get tired of listening to this BS. We're not quite there yet, but we're definitely headed in that direction.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Climate is always changing. Has been doing so since the dawn of time. At one time the British Islands and much of North America were covered in ice. Not all climate change is for the worse.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Gotta give the libs credit. Choosing the "climate" as a panic issue is very smart. Take the young and convince them that the climate conditions we're seeing are abnormal and have never happened before. They are young , inexpierienced and easily led. It's brilliant when you stop and think about it.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can tell it's fizzling out in propels minds because the activities are now calling it 'climate crisis' instead of 'climate change' to give it more of a sense of urgency.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
My typical response to that climate change crap is to ask them about all those "ice ages" before mankind was more than some primitive cave dwelling savages.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sure it is real. Let me go get my peer reviewed conclusion about the hockey stick graph...

Flooding will only happen at the landmarks.
Only the big cities will turn into deserts.
Everybody reading the report will be dead by the time it happens.
If we send the UN hundreds of billions of dollars, they can fix it.

Yup, thats about it.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post