SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Investing and guns.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Investing and guns. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just 2 months ago. Had $4875 invested but I have had some of them for several years.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1s1k,

Posts: 3867 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Grandpa, a horse trader extraordinaire, taught me that you make your money when you buy something, not when you sell it.

That being said, I also learned to "buy what you love" and the price is soon forgotten.

I buy certain guns if they are a value, AND its something I'm interested in. Others, hard to find and high grade condition, I will step up and pay for

A high end dealer I knew from Ohio always said if the piece is rare enough there will always be a buyer. He dealt in 5 and 6 figure Colts and Winchesters , and would buy them at auction. He said you can't lose that way, there was a guy willing to pay ALMOST what you did today, imagine a year from now when no one has seen another one this nice.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2904 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'm with ElKabong's granddad. In my case, though, there's a slightly different angle: if you want to shoot something and it's affordable, now's probably the time to get it. I couldn't afford to replace the P7, it would suck to try to replace the 220s in 9mm and .38 Super, and the AK I shoot the most, which was originally priced into the "truck gun" market, would cost half again as much to replace than it did when I bought it.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post